1948 Cord Pictures

The following photographs were sent to me several years ago by the late Lou Brehmer of Phoenix, Arizona. Lou had lived in Chicago in his earlier years. I don't know if he had ever been an AACA or ACD club member or not but he was a long time member of the Classic Car Club Of America. Lou took these photographs in 1948.

Whether they were all on the same used car lot or not, I'm not sure but on the back of one of the pictures of the Blue Cord with the '40 Ford Headlights (a not uncommon CORD modification for the times) was written the following; Neidlingers Brothers Garage, 71st and Stoney Island Avenue, Chicago, Illinois, August 1948, Price: $750.00.

The picture of the CORD with the SUNROOF was of the most interest to me as I'm pretty positive that it is the 1937 Custom Beverly that my late father, long time AACA and ACD Club member Marlet "Speed" Davis rescued from destruction the next day in May of 1962 for the sum of $50.00 and I now own. This particular CORD was purchased new from the Merrill Madsen CORD Dealership in Minneapolis, Minnesota by Chicago Band Leader, Lou Breese (real name Luigi Calabrese) who lived in Minneapolis for 12 years.

I would love to find more information on these photographs and especially would like to find some photographs of Lou Breese with the SUNROOF CORD or any other Photographs of this car that may exist.

post-56847-143138114607_thumb.jpg

post-56847-143138114611_thumb.jpg