'65 Rear Power Window Switches

Guest Lowrider70

Guest Lowrider70

I have the Deluxe interior trim on my '65 Riv, which is currently being re-wired with a new harness... but the original rear window switches are nowhere in sight! On the Standard interior trim, the switches are clearly visible, positioned fairly central on the rear quarter mouldings. So, can somebody send me a couple of photos of the rear interior section of a '65 please? Along with an explanation, as I'd like to know the proper type of switch to use and where it should be located/mounted. Thanks.

Edited by Lowrider70 (see edit history)

The switch is mounted horizontally on the arm rest. It's a generic GM single switch.

If you'll look at the last picture on this link, (evolution of the Riviera from the ROA website) you can see the switch for the right rear window where I said. The line of sight puts it right between the tops of the two buckets.

http://rivowners.org/features/evolution/evpt65.html

Ed

Guest Lowrider70

Thanks Ed... although the area in question seems to be quite a distance away (in this particular photo), the position of the window switch is still just about visible. However, if there's another link or site where I can view closer photos of those rear interior quarters, then that would be more helpful still. :)

Guest Lowrider70

Thanks for the photos Dick... my Riv is in the workshop at the moment, but Ive got a feeling that those rear quarter armrests are missing from its interior! Would you by any chance, have a pair of those side armrests, along with the window switches to go with them??