Anyone miss the mud?

boblichty

Susan,

Put me down as "working" at the Chocolate Field Membership Tent (next to Hershey Reg Reg. Tent) on Friday 1:00 till 3:00.

I'll also be at the Green Field Membership Tent on Saturday (front of Giant Stadium) from 11:30 till 1:00pm.

Look me up, maybe I can sell you something.:D

Wayne

Not to mention the giant gobs of mud on people's shoes and boots. They looked like they had small man hole covers on their feet. :eek:

THAT'S IT!!!

Susan finally figured it out and didn't realize it. In the days people having mud on their shoes that looked like small man hole covers, hershey put us all on blacktop because they didn't want the expense of paying to change the look of the mud to looking a "person hole" cover. :eek::eek:

Even affirmative action has affected Hershey:p:p

Sorry Susan, I couldn't resist.:D

Nobody get their undies in a knot, just understand that Susan and I have a history where I thought she was the husband and I told her to turn on an electric heater in the shop but leave the Christmas lights on all year long and blame the high utility bills on the Christmas lights.:D

Little did I know, I spilled my secret because I didn't know that Susan WAS the wife!!!!:eek:

Susan heard brakes squeeling in New York all the way down in West Virginia.:o:o

Just remembered, I still have a chunk of real Hershey mud that I pried from the underside of my blue '64 Comet Caliente one muddy year after I returned home. Knew in my heart it had to be kept! It'll be at my space, CE76, in honor of the good old days.

David...Made a note to get the AACA Membership Application stack to you. Thank you very much for doing this and will look forward to meeting you.

Regards,

Peter J.

Susan,

Put me down as "working" at the Chocolate Field Membership Tent (next to Hershey Reg Reg. Tent) on Friday 1:00 till 3:00.

I'll also be at the Green Field Membership Tent on Saturday (front of Giant Stadium) from 11:30 till 1:00pm.

Look me up, maybe I can sell you something.:D

Wayne

You have been added. :)

.....Susan, Thanks.

You are very welcome. That way folks can come as see a genuine keepsake from the good ole' day at Hershey.

Here's an idea. You could raise some money for keiser31's son by accepting donations for people to get their photo taken (with their own camera or photo taking cellphone) with the genuine Hershey mud.

.....Sorry Susan, I couldn't resist.:D

I would have you commited against your will if you did resist. :P

Nobody get their undies in a knot, just understand that Susan and I have a history where I thought she was the husband and I told her to turn on an electric heater in the shop but leave the Christmas lights on all year long and blame the high utility bills on the Christmas lights.:D

Little did I know, I spilled my secret because I didn't know that Susan WAS the wife!!!!:eek:

Susan heard brakes squeeling in New York all the way down in West Virginia.:o:o

Still my favorite story from the forums. It has been retold many times. :rolleyes:

What is REALLY scary is that ex and I almost convinced his dad to go along with a great prank at Gettysburg. We just weren't sure who to frame for the deed so we opted out for now. :D Watch your backs is all I can say. ;)

Susan, Clever! While I can't guarantee big $$ results (I wander through the fleas a lot and have to close down my space), I'll do my best to sign 'em up for Peter and shake 'em down for Keiser! I just looked at the mud, it's kinda crumbly, am thinking of embedding it in something like plaster, and framing it. Anyone with a better idea?

You are very welcome. That way folks can come as see a genuine keepsake from the good ole' day at Hershey.

Here's an idea. You could raise some money for keiser31's son by accepting donations for people to get their photo taken (with their own camera or photo taking cellphone) with the genuine Hershey mud.

I LOVE that idea!!

Susan, Clever! While I can't guarantee big $$ results (I wander through the fleas a lot and have to close down my space), I'll do my best to sign 'em up for Peter and shake 'em down for Keiser!

Any amount donated is less that his son has to try to come up with. He was doing a nice thing for those kids and now he is over there all alone and hurt.

I just looked at the mud, it's kinda crumbly, am thinking of embedding it in something like plaster, and framing it. Anyone with a better idea?

Dave. if it's kinda crumbly isn't that just dirt??? :rolleyes::D

Susan, maybe you've heard of fiberglas reinforced bondo.....well, my Hershey mud is "straw reinforced". That is, reinforced with the straw that was put over the ground's really soggy places. Churning car wheels handily distributed chopped up strands of it throughout the mud, so at least there is that holding it off from being simply loose dirt.

I always wanted to go to Hershey but never had the opportunity until 2004. There was a little bit of mud that year because the White field was across the road on the old airport grounds as I recall. Then in '06, the car corral was in the same place and there was some mud. Nothing like the pictures I used to see in the old car mags, but some mud nonetheless. I must say, though, that I like having everything on blacktop. A lot easier to get around.

Hershey gets in your blood. I can't wait for it to roll around each year. This will be my 5th visit in 6 years. Didn't make it in '07 and I was miserable. Leaving Tuesday at 4:30AM, staying in Quentin. Will head home Saturday PM.

Not sure if I'm going to drive my '72 LTD or not. It's been under the weather this summer, but I've had a friend work on it and he says it's running great. Got to pick it up tomorrow, so will see.

Have fun everyone!

A "little mud in the white field in 2004" ? You ain't seen Hershey mud until they bring the dozers out to pull the tractors that are stuck pulling out the motor homes.

Yeah like the yellow field in 2000 and 2001.

Or where the wooden roller coaster is now back when that was the flea market field. In 1979 that was pretty muddy.