91 Reatta roofrail weatherstrip

Guest dchgomag

What is a roofrail? Is it a drip molding? I did a write-up on making one, with pictures some time back, but have lost pix due to computer dump!! Maybe I can take the pictures again.

Regards,

Jack C.

Guest C.F.Massie

Is this concerning the infamous water leaking in from the peak of quarter window at the meeting with the door windows? If so do a search here and you may find some good info because it has been discussed before and a few people had some interesting fix suggestions if I rememberorrectly.;)

Guest C.F.Massie

Please excuse my previous typing, sometimes the brain gets a little too far ahead of the fingers, though it is becoming more frequent the older I get.:(

Guest re-reatta

That's OK C.F.

I'm at the age that even if you had typed it correctly, I would have read it incorrectly. As it was typed, I knew exactly what you meant. Oh the joys af aging.

Guest dchgomag

Indeed that is the leaking area I'm asking about. The roofrail: mounts on the body of the car and surrounds the entire window sealing it from the eliments.

Thanks for suggesting my reviewing the forum for suggestions. I have a few ideas of my own just that if I were to advance with them, the weatherstripping would be ruined if unsuccessful.

Gentlemen,

Here are (2) posts I made on this subject about a year ago:

Part I

http://forums.aaca.org/f116/rain-gutters-part-i-247595.html

Part II

http://forums.aaca.org/f116/rain-gutters-part-ii-247596.html

While I did not yet complete the project, both sides are made and the idea and items I used seem OK. They do take paint well and can be attached with silicon seal type adhesive. And they are fairly easy to make.

Regards,

Jack C.

Edited by jcc3inc
correct URL (see edit history)