need CARB!!!

Guest motorhead11345

Guest motorhead11345

hello all, i recently took over the attempted restoration of my dads 1974 buick electra limited. this car has been sitting in a feild since 1984. its in bad bad shape, over the years several items have been stolen, including the carb, rad, and wiper switch. i am in search of them all. but what i really really need is the carb with "max-track" vacuum pods. now im only 20 and have little money, but any help would be great. thanks everyone.

Indicating that there are limited funds, and the car sat in a field for several years, I was wondering if you have fully evaluated the condition of the frame, before attempting restoration? Especially in the area just in front of the rear wheels?

Guest motorhead11345

well one of the things my dad did do right before he parked it in 84 was he had the undercarriage painted. now most of it had come off, but it did do a very good job of preserving the frame and whatnot. i did block up the car last summer and inspect everything. its in savable condition. and believe it or not after sitting 24 years the break lines still held. granite the wheel cylinders and calipers where seized. all in all it will need a lot of work, and i mean allot, but its savable. and is worth it. because this car has been equipped with something EXTREMELY rare for the year. only a few hundred where ever made. this car has air-bags. . . . . . . but in order to do anything, i need a carb to get it running first.