Australian Dodges (history)

LennyDaVinci

Hello Ray, The Aussie body on your DB would have been made either by T.J.Richards or Holden Body works in South Australia. Standard Motors were Selling agents for DB cars and GB trucks. The Queensland agents were Austral Motors and in West Aust it was Winterbottoms. The plates that were fitted to the dash panel and sometimes to the toe board were fitted by the selling agents I have seen DB s with the DB plate and also a TJR plate on the toe board Mostly the agents plates were attached to the dash panel Cheers Ron

That is new information to me, thankyou Ron. Post #67 of this thread which I wrote just over a year ago includes a thumbnail of the nameplate of Standardised motors with the classification number. Would this number not be the body number then?

(Sorry, I have never known how to transfer the post from one part of the thread to another)

Ray.

• 8 months later...
Guest henry roberts

to be honest i'm just the messenger, I spotted it while hunting for parts for an off topic car a couple of years ago and always wondered what it was.

the guy who identified it and is taking it home has a Richards DC8 he is restoring and wants it for spares for his project. even if he got the id wrong I don't think he will mind too much as he has several drivers and "a few" other dodge bros projects.

Edited by henry roberts (see edit history)

• 9 years later...

I know that I'm jumping on the tail end of an old forum post, but I wanted to let the Dodge Bros. group know that the Seal Cove Auto Museum has become the proud owner of a 1923 Dodge Brothers tourer bodied in Australia.  The car was donated to us just about a year ago and hadn't been run in about 10 years; I'm off from work at the Museum until Monday so I don't have access to the details, but we will be posting a bit of video taken yesterday on Facebook later today or tomorrow.  With the guidance of our chief mechanic our hard working and talented volunteers brought the car out of hibernation and it was driven successfully around the traffic circle at the Museum yesterday. (9/26/23) maybe close to the date of its 100th birthday?)  Will and can provide more information, my first question is, "How/why did the car return to the USA?"

More information on Seal Cove Auto Museum can be found at:  www.sealcoveautomuseum.org 

Edited by billbarter
typo (see edit history)