Sign in to follow this  
quintonblair

what Class

I was trying to fill out the registration form for the wings and wheels show coming up and i dont know what class i would be in. its a 1966 pontiac gto completely stock. if someone could help me out that would be great thank you

Quinton.

You probably to not have an answer yet, because you have not indicated what "wings and wheels" show you refer.

If this is the one in Simsbury, CT Sunday, this may be to late to pre-register, but other years I do not believe they had classes at that show, so it is probably somewhere else.

Anyway, you would need to tell this forum what the options are for that specific show, as each show usualy sets there own classes.

You also indicated it is "stock". If it is unrestored and in good to excellent condition, perhaps they have a class for "unrestored", and you would have to check with the show officials as to what class you should be in. Some have a "muscle car" glass which I think GTOs would be in. Otherwise, an option might be in age bracket for production cars.

Good Luck,

John

John,

Thank you for the help you have given me. To be more clearly The show is in Virgina Beach, Va at the Virginia Beach Avation museum. held on saturday sept. 26th 2009 When i say the GTO is completely stock i mean that it has been fully restored to stock from the factory. but i have gone by the 2009 judging guidelines and i am entering it under 36a which is the factory high performance 1957-1969 buick and pontiac class. after reading through all the classes i think this is the best choice. My father and I are new to this and need all the help we can get. i want to take this car to as many shows as possible but also dont want to look like a fool going in there and not knowing what im doing. It really helps out when someone takes the time to help you with their knowledge instead of outcasting them. Once again john thank you for all your help

quintonblair,

Welcome to the AACA Discussion Forum. I just googled the location to find out more about the show that you are interested in. I hope you have already registered because their website states,

"Note that only vehicle registered before September 16th will be eligible for AACA class judging."

In case you are too late for that one, there will be plenty of other AACA Shows in the future for you to enjoy. Don't worry about thinking you will, "look like a fool going in there and not knowing what im doing." There are lots of folks in the AACA that will be glad to help you get involved in the hobby. Welcome to the hobby and welcome to the Discussion Forum.