How desireable?

Guest Xprefix28truck

Kent, Made for several years. The Hollywood is the 2 door hardtop I believe. I have not done much research on them but love the early versions of the 4 door Hornet and convertibles.

They are not heavily collected and valued. Having said that - like most independents in the early fifties they have cult followings but will never be valued on par with the Cadillac Coupe deVilles.

Most 50-54 2 door hardtops remain good values in the marketplace, rather then investments.

Guest StrombergEE3

you are approaching the old car hobby the wrong way. Very unwise to waste your time and money trying to figure out what OTHER people think is "cool". Strongly recommend you get involved with a car only because YOU think it is neat; YOU think (after doing some investigating, including going to car shows and getting rides in ones like you are considering) then and only THEN if you think it meets YOUR needs, get involved.

Trying to out-guess what the silly public wants will just drive you nuts ,waste your money & time

They are beautiful undervalued automobiles The conv and 2 door hottest.. "Hollywood" No pun intended, has made them stars in Disneys Cars, and the 80's Porkys assuring the increased value and attention with time..

They are scarce in nw oHIo..The twin H makes it a "muscle car". oh boy!

I like the 48-9 Hudsons , The fat 22nd series Packards and those Cat eyed Lincoln Cosmos..take 3 rag tops wow...

Go for the Hudson..cause you like it!!

Guest Xprefix28truck
you are approaching the old car hobby the wrong way. Very unwise to waste your time and money trying to figure out what OTHER people think is "cool". Strongly recommend you get involved with a car only because YOU think it is neat; YOU think (after doing some investigating, including going to car shows and getting rides in ones like you are considering) then and only THEN if you think it meets YOUR needs, get involved.

Trying to out-guess what the silly public wants will just drive you nuts ,waste your money & time

I have 2 , 1928 Chevrolet half ton light deliveries, and a 1930 Pontiac. NO I am not interested in this car. Too new for me. At 600 dollars I just thought I would put a feeler out to see if it might be something to pass the info onto someone else!! I HAVE NEVER PURCHASED ANYTHING THAT DID NOT APPEAL TO ME!!

Guest DeSoto Frank

I think it depends a bit on which body type you're speaking of...

The Step-Down bodied Hollywoods are the most desireable.

The '55-'57 Hollywoods used the Nash body, and while dismissed by some HET enthusiasts, were a pretty sharp-looking car. I believe Hollywoods came with a Continental spare as standard equipment.

If the example in question is complete and in decent shape, it's an excellent opportunity for a project / driver, and will probably cost a lot less than a Chevy or Ford from the same period.

'55 - '57 Hollywoods also have the option of a V-8 engine.

Definitely worth $600 if "it's all there" and has a title.

Guest Xprefix28truck

I don't have any pics... Sorry... I was told about it by a friend at work. He builds Streetrods. He said it was pretty decent. Too nice to cut up, BUT I HAVEN'T SEEN IT. Will try to get contact info. He said he thought it was a 54.

A totally cool car, and sounds like a bargain. Don't hesitate. Hudson hardtops and convertibles have really brought so amazing prices in recent years. RM Auctions seems to have had the best luck selling them, check their web site and results pages for details. I think they had several go through their Amelia Island auction a couple years ago for huge money.

Guest Xprefix28truck

I guess I should have put this in the For Sales... SORRY!! I just thought I would see what reaction I would get. For those of you interested call Josh at 765-265-3941