GREEN AND RED TAIL LIGHT ??

HAS ANY BOUDY EVER SEEN ONE THE ONE I FOUND HAS A 2"x4" green lens with the words charles lange bros. co. in white letters below it is a 2" round lens with a clear plate lens in the bottom i would like any help with info on this light<BR> thanks r/c

With out seeing the light in question I realy don't know what you have got there (can you post a picture of the light?) In general if you have automobile lights with one having green lense and another having red, you could have a set of running board safty lights. In the 20's they used the boating set up starboard and port - green & red for the running board safty lights. Studebaker used this same green/red configuration in the jewels on the sides of their 1929-30 President model headlights. I don't know of any other use of the green/red lense as pertainnig to early cars. Does someone else? smile.gif" border="0

Early Buicks evidently used a tailight with a red and a green lens. The red lens on the rear of the light acted as the tailight. A green lens on the left side of the housing was to alert passing cars.<P>A friend in our region had an original 1912 Buick that had such a tailight.

THIS IS IN A BLACK METAL HOUSING AND THE GREEN LENS AND RED LENS BOTH FACE THE REAR OF THE CAR-TRUCK ?? THEY HAVE A CROME BENZEL THAT HOLD THEM ON TO THE HOUSING IT IS ONE PIECE WITH A SQUARE HOLE FOR THE GREEN RECTANGL LENS AND JUST BELOW IN THE SAME BENZEL IS A ROUND HOLE WITH THE RED LENS ON THE BOTTOM OF THE HOUSING I CAN SEE WHERE THE CLEAR LENS POINTS STRAIGHT DOWN TO LITE UP THE LICENSE PLATE ????tHANKS gUYS