Sign in to follow this  
Howard Wallin

'52 Ford Crestline

Looking for advice.

I am about to purchase from a family member a 1952 Ford Crestline 2 door hardtop. The car was sold new in Atlanta and my uncle is the second owner. It has been in my uncle's basement since 1982. Has 47,560 original miles. It is in excellent unrestored condition. Paint, chrome, etc are all perfect. Never had body work. Black bottom with white top. No rust. Original flathead V8 runs great. 3 speed with overdrive. I'm frankly amazed at the condition of the car.

I don't follow the classic car market and have no idea what this car could reasonably be worth. Does anyone have an opinion as to the price range a car like this could be worth? Thanks for any comments, Howard

As you probably know the Crestliner was the top of the line of 52 Fords. Having the 3 speed with overdrive makes the car a great driver which will keep up with modern day traffic even on interstates. The 2 door hardtop is a beautiful car. The roof and back window was styled by Gordon Buehrig and is very good looking. Gordon Buehrig was a great designer who desgned the Cord 810/812, many Duesenbergs and the Continental Mark ll. I hope you are able to get this car and please keep it original. It is a valuable car worth at least 10K and probably a lot more.