Want to buy 1951 Roadmaster door trim

keiser31

Need to find a driver's side horizontal door trim (part of spear) for a 1951 Buick Estate Wagon woody. It's the only piece of the car my buddy is missing to make it complete. Please contact me (John) here or at keiser31@charter.net or (541)535-1890. Thanks, John

Edited by keiser31 (see edit history)

I don't know what the model 79 is. Is that the Estate Wagon designation? I have no idea which model's trim pieces interchange. That is kinda why I came onto the Buick forum so that you guys could tell me.

Don't have the door trim but do have a rocker panel moulding, very nice used. It's 83.5 inches long. Driver's side, curved at the front edge. If anyone else is interested. Believe its for a 51 or 52. I haven't been able to match it to a sedan because its even longer then a Roadmaster sedan moulding. Could be for estate wagon but not sure. $75 plus shipping.

A model 79 is a Roadmaster Estate Wagon. I will sell the new driver's door bodyside moulding for $25, plus $5.50 shipping. I think you should measure the width of the door on the Roadmaster before you buy this. The Super 4-dr. sedan (model 51) and the Super Estate Wagon (model 59) and the Roadmaster Estate Wagon (model 79) have the same door length and trim length. But beware of the Super Riviera Sedan and Roadmaster Riviera Sedan, which are models 52 and 72 respectively. They are 4-door sedans, but have longer doors than the model 51. I don't know if the Special 4-dr. sedans have the same doors as the model 51, 59, and 79, so that's why you need to measure the moulding length.

Pete Phillips

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...