Sign in to follow this  
Black beauty

gully cover in a 67 Riviera

Hi there,

After months of restauration and trouble my little black beauty is finally ready to be one of only a handful of '67 Rivs driving around in Europe...

...up to this morning when I saw this:

post-55049-143138108408_thumb.jpg

post-55049-143138108415_thumb.jpg

Some a****** hit a gully cover onto my windshield,moulding and wiper arm (with one hit-quite impressive...) and hit my sunroof after that (you know how many Rivs with the sunroof option are out there...:-()

He even put a flyer under the arm so that the hit would not be heard and put the gully cover beside my tire.

As I said before-I am one of only a few Riviera drivers in complete Europe so there is no chance for me to get spare parts here.

Can anyone pleeeeease help me find a replacement windshied-best would be a tinted one as I had before. ('66 ones should also work-right?)

I am thankful for every help you can give

I just wanted to say this is awful. Any chance of catching the vandal who did this?

Thank you...

I'm searching and searching...I even went to the local newspaper yesterday and they brought an article about this today...

You will know that I got him when you see my car with a head as a hood emblem one day...

Ahhh...the vandal....First I would make him eat the remainder of the windshield. Next, I would shove the stainless trim up his....pant leg. Thirdly, I would have a "gully cover toss" to see how many tries it would take me to hit him in the head with it. Lastly, the mounting of the head to the hood and the tying of the rest of his body onto a rope coming from the rear bumper to drag him through the streets as an example NEVER to touch my car.

Ahhh...the vandal....First I would make him eat the remainder of the windshield. Next, I would shove the stainless trim up his....pant leg. Thirdly, I would have a "gully cover toss" to see how many tries it would take me to hit him in the head with it. Lastly, the mounting of the head to the hood and the tying of the rest of his body onto a rope coming from the rear bumper to drag him through the streets as an example NEVER to touch my car.

LOL!

Think it was some kind of hippie...had several notices on my window like:"Every ride with this thing kills a tree" and "shame on you-don't you feel shamed?"... I think I will take holiday for a week or two and have a date with him and a soldering gun in my cellar if I get him...