1939 Zephyr radio

Guest DADDIO65

Guest DADDIO65

I know this is not the right forum for buying/selling, however this forum is read more than the others...

I am in need of the tuner cable for my Zephyr radio.. The cable that goes from the head to the radio box, similar to a speedo cable. Would anyone happen to have one they would like to part with? I have been in touch with several of our "sources" but to no avail as of yet.

Thanks a ton,

Daddio

Guest Ray Kuntz

Call...... Merv Adkins

909 2248562

Pomona, CA.

He has a wrecking ysrd with nothing but old LZ's

I was in his yard a couple of weeks ago and he has a 39 in his yard like yours.

LOTS OF LUCK

Ray Kuntz

Guest DADDIO65

I checked with Merv...nothing. I figured I could make one but I can't find the proper ends for it.

Would anyone have a wiring diagram for one of those little boogers by chance as well?

Daddio,I have an old Control Head (not sue what it was for ).. the Control Head is marked "Motorola" , it has Both of the cables on it ,,.. Do you Know how long the Cables are that You need ? On these the cables are 26" long and the Cable Housings are 24 1/2 inches long.. The Cable Housing Ends Twist Lock into The Radio Case and the Cable end that Goes Into the Radio are Square , probably about 3/16 square ..

Guest DADDIO65

Thanks for the reply. The radio I have is a Philco brand radio. From what I have been told, the cable is approx. 18" long, looks like a speedometer cable, and has (2) screw ends on it. the inner cable has a notch cut in it to fit inside the radio box, and the radio head. I think that is all I need for this is just the one cable. I will however need to figure out the wiring and such to make it work.

Any other information from others is most welcome.

Thanks again for the help, but I don't think the Motorola head will work from your description. Much appreciated, Jeff

Daddio; The Cables I Have are NOT permantly afixed to the Radio Head. The Cable Casing has a Threaded End That Screws onto the Radio Head. The Other End Has a Fitting with Two Locking Ears that Twist Locks the Ears into The Radio Case .. The Cable Inside The Casing is About 1 !/2 inches Longer than The Cable Casing ad Has A SQUARED end on it (ABOUT 3/16 of an inch),the other end of The Cable Has a Rounded End on it (ABOUT 1/8 of an inch) , that End Goes THRU the Control Hear and The Knob Mounts on It with a Screew to Hold in On..Thats about the best I can do on Describing The Cable and Casing ..CH

Edited by notnow (see edit history)

Guest DADDIO65

Thanks for all the help fellas!! If you could, would you take some pictures of those ends? Maybe I can modify them?? Otherwise I'll keep pluggin away, something will turn up. Thanks again guys as always this forum is a huge help!! Jeff