1929 Pontiac Coupe Parts

Guest Seejay108

Guest Seejay108

Hello im new here and just bought a 1929 Pontiac coupe.... I am mainly looking for fenders but I do needs some oddball items but just seeing what may be out there for this old girl.... Thank you!! ~seejay

• 1 month later...
Hello im new here and just bought a 1929 Pontiac coupe.... I am mainly looking for fenders but I do needs some oddball items but just seeing what may be out there for this old girl.... Thank you!! ~seejay

I have a bunch of parts off a 29 pontiac 4 dr sedan... I have wheels, hub caps, shocks, bumpers, gearshift ignition, and a bit of interior trim

anything here work for you??

Don

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest ponsee

New here... I need hubcaps for 1929/30 Pontiac 19" split ring wire wheels. They measure about 7 1/4" overall and about 6 1/2" inside diameter. Anybody have any?

Guest ponsee

New here... I need hubcaps for 1929/30 Pontiac 19" split ring wire wheels. They measure about 7 1/4" overall and about 6 1/2" inside diameter. Also fuel guage, sidemount covers and holddowns and some trim... Ron

• 2 weeks later...
Guest kmankmc

i am new to this site and all that have responded make sure you can email photo's of parts to be considered

i am looking for 1929 pontiac coupe parts not 1930 (2) end caps for the bumper bar that bolt on to ends of frame to hold bumper bar in place (1) front bumper complete euro pontiacs are not the same, pair of 29 pontiac coupe doors (1) headlight bar i don't need the head light's any parts i maybe interested such as wire wheel's with drums and hubs to match the tire size is 4.75/5.00/ 19" the hub assembly for wooden wheel's are different , rear fender drivers side not sedan they are different only coupe and roadster are interchangible have not found all i need for my restoration thanks for looking and to all that have answered my thread please read carefully i need to see photo's of any part's to consider i do not do western union or money gram or instant money transfer since i have no way of who i am dealing with since i have dealt in the past with many dishonest people i only deal with paypal secure payment for parts i buy and the sellar must have a valid and legitimate paypal account verifible through paypal with non negative feedback that they are legit for transactions and have a good paypal account for selling items.

Edited by kmankmc
to avoid a alot of confussion to seller's that respondid (see edit history)

The parts I have came off a 4 door sedan not sure if they are correct for the coupe.... I have all 4 shocks... all 4 wheels... the ignition cable off the transmission. the piece between the front frame arms (rough)... the rest are likely sedan only

Don

• 4 months later...
  • 6 years later...
Guest 1929 pontiac man

i am still looking for 1929 pontiac coupe parts a lot of 1929 pontiac parts are interchangeable tell me what you have and send photo's 

#1 looking for end caps that bolt the bumper par to frame they will be stamped 1929 on inside

#2 complete 1929 front bumper assembly with orinimates

#3 2 complete doors with hinges  for coupe 2 door sedan doors are interchangeable cabriolet doors also will fit

• 9 months later...

pontiac from 1926i am still looking for 1929 pontiac coupe body sheet metal doors 2 door sedan and 2 door cabriolet both fit the coupe even roadster doors can be used if you want it a convertible it will work i have been told that 2dr sedan doors will not fit for coupe since i have been restoring pontiacs from 1926 to 1932 and have used 2dr cabriolet doors for over 57 years and have worked every time i wish some before they preach to me what fits and works know what there talking about i learned from a pontiac line production worker who worked for pontiac from 1926 to 1959 he relayed all of his wealth of knowledge of what they did how they built these and what they used when there were no parts available direct from management use what we have if there is a problem down the road let the dealer fix it simple sweet and too the point even using other year parts to finish the car

Edited by 1929 pontiac coupe man
i am tired of so called know it experts telling me what to do (see edit history)

• 3 weeks later...
On March 9, 2018 at 6:24 AM, Cabnut said:

Coupe and cabriolet doors are different. I have one of each. I have pictures of Pontiac parts on my Facebook page " Antique and Vintage Car Parts" if you wish to have a look.

regards

the pontiac built in canada are not the same as u.s. built  models and are not interchangeable with u.s. builti have no idea where you got your info 1929 pontiac coupe and 2dr sedan and cabriolet doors also fit if your wanting a convertible have the same dimensions and are interchangeable i know i have been restoring 1926 to 1932 for over 53 years and used all 3 doors to do so i am on a new project and am looking for either coupe 2 dr sedan or cabriolet they all fit cabriolet doors if you want convertible simply put they have the same width same height hinges in same location  door locks fit and since i have done this work for over 53 years

As I said I have one of each door pictured on my Facebook page. I cannot see a Cabriolet door working on a coupe but anyway look at the pictures I have and then tell me. By the way there is only superficial trim and paint differences between US and Canada GM production during that era.

regards

Edited by Cabnut (see edit history)

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
On 3/9/2018 at 6:24 AM, Cabnut said:

Coupe and cabriolet doors are different. I have one of each. I have pictures of Pontiac parts on my Facebook page " Antique and Vintage Car Parts" if you wish to have a look.

regards

just so you know your facts i just finished a 1929 coupe using 2 dr cabriolet doors it is a convertible sports coupe with a rumble seat 7 months ago  i just heard from him 1 month ago he just won best in show class at a show in california and won 3,500.00 in prize money for his entry such as like i originally relay too you they fit and work when you restore cars for over 57 years do you think if they did not work i wood waist my time since the customer supplied me with the doors and the rumble seat from a cabriolet !

You said "just so you know your facts i just finished a 1929 coupe using 2 dr cabriolet doors it is a convertible sports coupe with a rumble seat  ".

Coupes and sport coupes have doors that fully enclose the windows. Cabriolet and or convertible coupes have fold down tops and the window glass (in chrome frames) are exposed. From what you say you don't know that a convertible coupe for 1929 is a cabriolet. Of course the doors are the same. Anyway I do not know why you are being so vitriolic. Who do you think really cares about it? Oh and by the way I do not know what your midsection (waist) has to do with time. And as far as wasting time why are you even still responding to this thread! My time is over so you won't see me answer here again.