1954 nash info still needed

i have yet to hear of any solid proof that nash was first with in dash factory air conditioning. they were first with a combined unit that had both the heater and air conditioning in the same box. but that doesn't mean nash was in fact, first with in dash air conditioning. aren't there nash car club members who are passionate and have knowledge of nash's history and timeline ?, i hope so, one nash car club member said "what does it matter today, what happened 55 years ago ?", i hope my pursuit of this piece of automotive history doesn't leave a bad impression. and shortly, i should have even more proof than now, that it was the 1954 PONTIAC, that had up front, in dash, factory air conditioning first. charles coker, 1953 pontiac tech advisor.

now i have proof that the 1954 PONTIACS was FIRST to have in dash factory air conditioning. GM's harrison division was awarded US patent # 2,831,327 in 1953 for the first up front in dash automotive air conditioning system, and it was first installed in 1954 pontiacs, told in the ASHRAE journal sept, 1999, by Dr. mohinder s. bhatti, Ph.D, thank you, charles coker, 1953 pontiac tech advisor.

• 3 years later...

the mobile air conditioning society magazine "action" in their march/2013 issue, has a nice article about the restoration of a 1954 pontiac starchief custom catalina with it's original factory air conditioning. the article starts with "in 1954, pontiac introduced an under the hood, "front mounted A/C system", the first of its kind for automobiles". the 1954 pontiacs started production on december 10th, 1953, and were in the dealer's showroom by december 18th, 1953. i have the 1954 nash A/C factory shop manual, printed in may of 1954. i have an original photograph, showing mechanics from nash dealerships attending the first class of nash air conditioning school, picture was taken in may/1954. nash did not start to advertise the air conditioning option untill june/1954. the 1954 pontiac factory A/C shop manual was printed in december/1953. pontiac advertise the optional A/C in december/1953. so pontiac was indeed, without a doubt, the first car to have up front, in dash, factory air conditioning. nash was second, starting six months later. charles coker, 1953 pontiac tech advisor.