63 manuals

Guest buickriv63

Guest buickriv63

I suppose there's at least two different shop manuals for 63 Riviera, named chassis manual and body manual. They cover different areas at the vehicle? Which one is recommended for maintaining and repairing this car?

Thanks.

Chassis Manual is the one you need for general repairs. It is well written, explains how each system works, how to diagnosis and fix almost anything. You can get a reprint which is good for reading in the house b/c it's nice an clean but I would also try and find a nice original copy as the diagrams are sharper than the copy. They are also avail on CD but again these are a copy and I find the paper copies easier to work with.

I keep the reprint in the house and the original in the garage close to the car!

If this manual does not cover what you need to know, this forum usually can!

As Dalton says, the chassis manual is the best for keeping your car running. I have both and I don't know that I've ever referred to the Body Service Manual on any kind of regular basis.

Here are the major groiups from each book; you can look and decide for yourself

Chassis:

1 - Maintenance

2- Engine

3- Fuel and exhaust

4- Clutch

5- Auto trans

6- Rear Axle

7- Suspension

8- Steering

9- Brakes

10-Electrical

11-Accessories

12-Frame and sheet metal

Body:

Divided into 3 sections 4000/4100/4300 Series (Special & Skylark); 4400/4600/4800 (LeSabre, Wildcat, & Electra); and 4700 (Riviera)

The groups are the same for each section.

1- Front end

2- Doors

3- Rear qtr.

4- Rear end

5- seats

6- Headlining

8- Electrical

9- Lubrication

10-Exterior moldings

*There is no 7 in the Riv section, because 7 is the section for convertible tops.

Hope this helps.

Sorry, I didn't catch your name.

Ed