'38 Buick Special body parts

jeff

Help!

I was rear-ended yesterday, just 3.5 miles into the process of breaking in my engine. On the slight chance that the insurance company or body shop will need help finding parts...

1. Wasn't somebody offering a new fabrication of the rear lower body section (below the trunk opening)??? Trunk floor and tray? (whatever that recess is called)

2. How about a set of rear fenders?

3. Trunk lid??

4. Bumper / bumper brackets?

Thanks,

Jeff

It's a Special, 2 door sedan, model 48.

Thanks for the feedback.

What do you call the tray at the rear edge of the trunk? That's what I thought I saw reproduced. Tried searching for it on this site, but I am not sure I used the right name.

Jeff

Guest stephenson1937

Jeff,

I don't know if the bumper brackets are the same for 37 and 38 Specials but I have a set for a 37. I don't know what they are worth. Make me an offer.

Larry Stephenson

BCA#44774

Guest Straight eight

Jeff, I don't know where you are located, but there are still some real body guys that can repair that dented mess. It is not always necessary, as it is today to replace everything just cause it is dented.

So much can be repaired, and imperfections filled with body solder. After you have talked to your adjuster look around for someone to fix your old friend, not just a replacement mechanic!

I am located just south of Dayton, Ohio. Yes, there are some really good shops in the area. Two of them have quoted.

Looks like the insurance company will total it. I'll be more or less on my own with whatever the settlement is.

Thanks for your help.

Jeff