1935 4 door sedan windows

Guest DarkCherryS10

Guest DarkCherryS10

I recently purchased a 1935 4 door dodge. None of the windows were there, and none of the window regulators were there.

I'm very new to 30's cars and was unsure what kind of rubber they had or what window installation would entail. Specifically, what I have to buy. Can anyone take a few minutes and list out all that I will need and where I could get it?

Here's what I have:

All window glass was cut so I have the windshield, back window, front windows, rear windows, rear quarter windows, windshield frame and all window frames.

Any help you guys could give would be great.

Not sure what your exact model needs, but some basics would be the glass setting channel at the sill of the windows, the vertical channel / glides that go to the sides of the windows and a header stop or seal at the top of the windows....I think Steele Rubber would be the first place to check out as they seem to have most of what you would need. Hopefully you've found the regulators.

Guest DarkCherryS10

This is not mine, but this is the model I have:

35499d1251324258-1936-dodge-hood-hinge-retainer-san-diego-036.jpg

I have the channels on the sides of the windows. Those are built into the door.

Found this website: Andy Bernbaum Auto Parts: Weatherstripping

It lists:

1935-36 DODGE

A-217......Cowl vent gasket, 1-piece formed .................................. $15.00 /ea.

A-218......Cowl vent gasket......................................................................... 5.00 /ea.

A-310......Windshield rubber, for crank-out frame........................................ 29.50 /ea.

A-324......Rear window rubber, 1935.......................................................... 16.00 /ea.

A-326......Rear window rubber, 1936, sedan................................................ 25.00 /kit

A-326A...Rear window rubber, 1936, coupe............................................... 25.00 /kit

A-327......Quarter window rubber, coupe..................................................... 25.00 /pr.

A-340F...Door top rubber, on body, 2 door................................................. 27.50 /kit

A-341F...Door top rubber, on body, 4 door................................................. 39.50 /kit

A-342A..Door bottom rubber, 2 door.......................................................... 27.50 /kit

A-342B...Door bottom rubber, 4 door......................................................... 39.50 /kit

A-344......Rumble seat lid rubber.................................................................. 39.50 /ea.

A-345......Trunk rubber, sedan..................................................................... 29.50 /ea.

A-346......Trunk rubber, coupe.................................................................... 39.50 /ea.

A-353.....Anti-squeak, used on inner fender panels..................................... 1.50 /ft

A-355......Black fenderwelt, 25 ft., orig. size & style..................................... 19.50 /roll

A-358......Soft top insert rubber, 1935 ........................................................ 3.00 /ft.

A-360......Window sweeper, 8 ft. length....................................................... 2600 /ea.

A-361......Window channel, 8 ft. length......................................................... 28.00 /ea.

A-365......Cowl lacing, original size & style................................................... 2.00 /ft.

Still need a little direction though as I'm not sure what's the difference between window sweeper...window channel etc. I think I might have the window channel confused. I have a metal window channel on either side of the window within the door panel, but not sure if that is the window channel spoken of above in that parts lists.

Window sweeper is going to be the horizontal piece that fits into your door where your arm were to rest if your window was down, Window channels are what the glass rides in to either side. ( the vertical pieces ) Hope that helps

Guest elmo39

As someone before said try www.steelrubber .com , i might be wrong but i think you will get better quality and price , another suggestion if you dont have a manual for your car , try ebay or www.Faxon Auto Lit.com ,wwwFACTORYAUTOMANUALS.COM or try the aaca library .the information the manuals contain is priceless, and all steps are usualy well explained

Guest DarkCherryS10

Wow...steelrubber.com lists a LOT of different weatherstrips for the windshield and the windows. Not sure what I need. Some things are different sizes etc. Very lost :(

What I would do is become a member in a club that caters to your brand of vehicle and then hopefully you can get some names of other owners that have the same vehicle that are willing to help. Most anything takes alot of research in alot of different places. Contact them at Steele, I am sure they would be happy to sort thru some of your confusion and explain things to you that you do not know. Try Metro also, get online and type in automobile rubber and see who else is out there. Your questions are prob. easy enough but it is going to either take someone that has the same car that has researched all of this already ( which may not be easy to find ) or calling these dist. and getting them to answer you, believe me they want to sell you product and the majority of the want to sell you the right product.

• 9 years later...

I am also about to try and sort out window issues. Had thought i'd go electric but window winders are fitted so thought I might try and source some new bailey channels as these did not come with the vehicle.I have all the other components which were sourced from Andy B as mentioned above. Has anyone been able to source replacement window channels??

• 7 months later...

Are you thinking stock or modified? It will make a difference in what materials you use or the help you will find on this forum. Finding others that have and know '35 Dodges will help immensely. Finding a '35 and later parts interchange book, if going stock , will also help to see if they are the same as some later models. Some parts may interchange with the '36's, in which case I could help. I would also recommend Restoration Specialties for window channel and some other parts. Don't assume that just because the glass is already cut that it will fit correctly. Some of the rubber channels that can be purchased today are not the same as the original. Finding parts can be difficult if you cannot correctly identify the parts to fit a '35. If the front door windows roll back before they go down, it requires special channels that are not available new but can be rebuilt if you have the originals. The window channel will probably be different width on the rear doors than the front and they use different retainer channels. If you have the original lower front and upper rear of front door channels, I can rebuild them and make new window sweeps, provided the car is stock. Good luck in your search. Steele Rubber is your best bet for the rubber products but it helps if you have the original part numbers to make sure that you get the correct parts for your car and not all the rubber products are available for all body styles. Several parts differ

between styles for each year.

Edited by jpage (see edit history)