Sign in to follow this  
ol' yeller

How Can The BCA Survive?

NTX5467, your post sums up the best reasons to belong to the BCA. I have been a member for quite a while and have enjoyed the Bugle and all the support that is a available from the club, especially the technical advisors. "The Old Guy" (Joe Taubitz) helped me solve a complicated problem with my 40 Roadmaster. It was jumping out of high gear when I let off the gas. He was correct in his assessment of the problem in every detail. Thanks Joe, the car is now fixed and I have been enjoying driving it with its newly rebuilt engine. The forum is something I look forward to everyday. I also joined my local club "Buick Owners of Maryland" (BOOM) and have met some great friends and Buick enthusiasts that have helped me in getting my 40 restored.

Edited by michel88 (see edit history)

Hear Hear Willis!

NTX put it together - I am in a mid-sized metro area (on the order of 750,000 population). There are a few local Buick guys other than me, but we have limited local information and support. The BCA offers that network, not to mention Buick-specific advertising targeted to other Buick lovers.

As an owner of another brand GM pre-war auto I got into this hobby a few years back. I was very upset as trying to get information and help was impossible. I was asked to join their national group many times and thought what a waste of time. Then the Buick came along and people in the Buick club are so helpful and supportive it was like a different world! After some time I joined the BCA and have never looked back. The BCA is the best thing going for Buick owners!!! I look forward to the Buggle every month as I read it cover to cover and really enjoy the articles. I don't belong to any local chapter as I live in the middle of no-where. I have the BCA and my PC and I feel more welcome than I ever did with brand X. Buick people are special and the BCA is tops.