should be simple to fix but....

Guest Richard D

Guest Richard D

The upper windshield washer nozzle on the drivers side stopped working the other day. I was going to remove the hose and bring it inside where I have a vacuum pump to pull the debris out of it, but the hose has become part of the nozzle and will tear if I pull or twist it any harder. I know this is not the best way but I took a .7 mm. drill bit and using just my fingers pushed it in each of the three holes and pulled it straight out. Still no luck! I have a 1 mm. drill bit but that would make the holes bigger and I would have to use the Dremmel to use it. Any other ideas?

Thanx,

Richard

Guest Richard D
Would cutting the hose off with a pocket knife work?

Hi Ronnie, I think that is my only option, then I can cut it lengthwise and peel it off the nozzle fitting. I will try to find some new tubing because there is a plastic clip that the hose runs in between the two nozzles so I could not use the hose after I cut it.

Thank's for the help,

Richard.

Guest Richard D
Have you tried an air hose blowing back from the nozzle? or pushing back thru with a fine piece of wire. Bill web38

I don't have a real source of compressed air, just a 12 volt model. I have tried a fine piece of wire.

Thank's

Richard

PS. You did just give me an idea, the compressor came with a football fill needle, which I will never use. I could cut the tip off and try to blow it out that way. Thank's Again.