Sign in to follow this  
n1gzd

missing cowling hardware that pins down front and rear of center hinge - 1936 Plymout

My 1936 Plymouth has a cowling that hinges on each side of a center strip that runs from the top of the radiator to the top of the firewall. there is a metal piece that the center cowling strip slides into at both ends.

I just figured out that I am missing a chrome piece that is supposed to fit on top of this and pin it down so that it stays in place. I don't think that anyone manufactures this.

Does anyone who knows what I am talking about know where I can get these two pieces? I thought I would ask before I spend a lot of time trying to make them myself.

Thanks,

Rebecca

I think NC Industries in Sayre, PA makes them for 1933 and 34 Plymouths. They might have or know where you can get them for the 1936.

My 1936 Plymouth has a cowling that hinges on each side of a center strip that runs from the top of the radiator to the top of the firewall. there is a metal piece that the center cowling strip slides into at both ends.

I just figured out that I am missing a chrome piece that is supposed to fit on top of this and pin it down so that it stays in place. I don't think that anyone manufactures this.

Does anyone who knows what I am talking about know where I can get these two pieces? I thought I would ask before I spend a lot of time trying to make them myself.

Thanks,

Rebecca

emial me for pictures ,

These are what you need , as I said I should have them by early spring, nickel plated as original not chrome, no chrome in 36.......

On 8/26/2009 at 1:14 PM, n1gzd said:

Thanks,

Rebecca

On 8/26/2009 at 1:14 PM, n1gzd said:

Thanks,

Rebecca

These are what you are looking for

52FD27FC-37B1-4D1C-A68E-2E437C131740.jpeg