WTB Cruise Control Servo

Guest Straight eight

Guest Straight eight

I have the Olds 307 in my Riviera and need a Cruise control servo. Cruise engages, then slowly slows down, and then speeds back up again. Anyone have any ideas how to fix? Have been told it is the servo diaphragm.

:confused:

The car was converted to use the Diesel Cruise

Control Servo.

Looks something like this

post-30843-143138104994_thumb.jpg

Edited by Straight eight (see edit history)

To be absolutely sure you'd need to do the electrical diagnostics on the sytem. It could be any number of things including a vacuum leak. But if you want to buy a "refurbished" one the only place I found that could get me one about 3 years ago was at Napa. And even then they had to look it up under the 5.7 Diesel engine. It didn't show up under the 307. Give me a shot if you need any help. I've worked on mine before.

I agree with pfloro. I would take the unit you have that doesn't work, and go to a U-Pick yard and get one that matches. This servo setup was used on all GM cars, you just need to match the bracketing. Most yards are pretty good, that if it doesn't work they will give you another one. Can't beat the price, it should be less then $10.00 plus your time.

For an item like that I look at cars that look nice and have low miles for the age. In my mind that would mean mostly around town driving with very little cruise control use...

Guest Straight eight
Actually the servo you have pictured is nothing like the one on my 307, but it looks exactly like the ones on my V6 Turbo Riv's. Maybe the 4.1 V6 used that one too.

The one I pictured was not EXACTLY like mine, but close enuff so anyone wondering what I was talking about could get an idea.

I just found out that there was a factory Bushing and kit 25111444 made available to replace a broken nylon bushing on the rod. Mine is missing making a very sloppy connection. Thought I might try to find a kit or fix the sloppiness first in the process of elimination:)

post-30843-143138105143_thumb.jpg

Edited by Straight eight (see edit history)

In Texas I could never find any in salvage that worked, same problem with them all they either lost vacuum or wouldn't set at all. The rebuilt units from Napa are okay but mine didn't even last a year and half and needed a new one. Of course that was right past the one year warranty!

Guest Straight eight
Actually the servo you have pictured is nothing like the one on my 307, but it looks exactly like the ones on my V6 Turbo Riv's. Maybe the 4.1 V6 used that one too.

I have changed the picture to show exactly what I have, it is the one for the

diesel.

• 1 month later...
Guest TwoDoorBuickMan

I have had a lot of luck just taking them apart and cleaning them. There is a small rod that seems to cause most of the trouble. It is about 3/4 of an inch long and easily lost. I clean the rod with solvent and blow out any dust with low pressure air. More often than not, I get some additional life out of them. If you are looking only for the vacuum part of the servo, I have several. It sounds like your electronics work and I have found most to be interchangeable.