repro door sills

Guest 36oldsguy

Guest 36oldsguy

Does anyone know of a supplier of reproduction door sills for mid '30s GM cars? I am restoring a 1936 Oldsmobile Sport Coupe and the existing sills will need to be replaced. There is intricate painted design on the sills that would be difficult for me to duplicate if I tried to repair the old ones.

Guest 36oldsguy

Thanks for the reply, Bob. Could you double check the phone number...the one you provided seems to be a non-working number.

They told me 6to8 months for a set for my '14 Hudson. Being in no hurry I sent the deposit and promptly stored it in the back of my head.(a lot of room there). 3 or 4 weeks go by and I get a phone call from them asking for the balance of the money. They were done and shipped! The workmanship is superior,the detail is concours quality,the fit up is the best. I can't say enough positive things about this company. Bob

• 5 years later...

Just got a set of doorsills for my '36 Dodge Coupe from Doorsills LLC - WOW!! He does amazing work! He has patterns for a large number of early cars or could make to order if you have a sample to start with. Prices are very fair considering the quality of the work and it is Concours quality. He has a waiting list - does not advertise - but the results are worth the wait. I am so pleased I wanted to put in a plug for these fine folks. Phone number posted above is correct. Seldenguy's post is right on the money.

Guest 36oldsguy
Just got a set of doorsills for my '36 Dodge Coupe from Doorsills LLC - WOW!! He does amazing work! He has patterns for a large number of early cars or could make to order if you have a sample to start with. Prices are very fair considering the quality of the work and it is Concours quality. He has a waiting list - does not advertise - but the results are worth the wait. I am so pleased I wanted to put in a plug for these fine folks. Phone number posted above is correct. Seldenguy's post is right on the money.

Yes, they did mine as well and proved to be excellent work! Absolutely correct to NOS standards.