1939 Buick Special For Sale

Hi: I have a 1939 Buick Special 4-door sedan for sale at a nearby restoration shop. It is 90% restored and beautiful. It has all new glass, all new rubber, all new chrome, and a new beautiful black lacquer paint job, new running boards with NOS moldings. The engine is detailed, and there is a new clutch, universal joint, timing chain and rear end carrier bearings. The interior is partially redone. New original material door panels, rear arm rests and quarter panels, new front reproduction floor mat with carpet inserts, all good plastic with perfect steering wheel. Working radio and heater. It is one of my four 1939 Buick Special's, and I must sell it to make room. $21,200 invested, and you can buy the car for $16,950. I'll even listen to an offer, but remember I still have to pay the commission, regardless of what I get. My loss is your gain. Call O'Hara Restorations, Frostproof, Florida 863-635-9008 and ask for Bob O'Hara or write to me for any special details at FireballStr8@aol.com. I can supply many detailed photos from that email address. Thanks, EDB

Guest Gary Hearn

Your first post yesterday indicates it is with a restoration shop but your latest post states that the "dealer" put it on e-Bay. Did the car move overnight? It may be beneficial for you to link to the auction listing or at least provide the item number so people can find it.

Here: seller as O'Hara Restorations

Buick : Special:eBay Motors (item 280389417539 end time Sep-04-09 09:22:44 PDT)

Looks to be a good car for some one.

Is wood grain on the dash & garnish moldings orginal or re done ?

Edited by 1939_buick (see edit history)

I can sell parts, but I intensely dislike selling my own cars, and I'm not good at it either. O'Hara Restorations is both a restoration shop and a dealership. He bought an old Ford dealership with service bays and a showroom. My car is in the showroom. There is a second 39 Buick outside in what was the previous owner lot for the Ford dealership, which is totally unrestored. I've known owner Bob O'Hara since 1967 and they did a lot of the mechanical work on the car. The paint job was done by a buddy who restored my Grand National Senior Model 41 with sidemounts and my Senior 41-C. There is some more to do to finish this car, but it's 90% and what has been done is Grand National quality. The remaining details of the car could be done locally I think very reasonably, but I'm just overloaded; yet the car achieved a 3rd Junior at the Lakeland, FL Winter National as it is. Unfortunately for me, I had to use many of my spare NOS parts to bring the car to where it is today, especially the pair of running board moldings and hubcaps. Someone asked about the woodgrain. All of the woodgrain is original except the front door garnish moldings, and pretty darn good. The front garnish moldings had been hand painted by the elderly original owner, so I took them to Winter Haven, FL and had Woodgrain Technologies redo them authentically at a cost of somewhere near $500. My parents had a car exactly like this that got me hung up on 39 Buicks, and I got into it through sentimentality, but then got a 46-C which I'm trying to build to a Grand National. Four 39 Buicks, plus two newer antiques and another serious car in the wings to do. Something has to go, and I've already got around $5,000 more in this car than we're trying to sell it for.

Edited by Dynaflash8 (see edit history)

I'd like to thank Mr. Burgess for putting up my two pictures of the car. I didn't know they planned to put it on eBay this week, but it is there. You can a few more pictures at O'Hara Auto Restorations as well as the eBay site under 1939 Buick. Remember they have two '39 Buicks for sale, one totally unrestored and then my car. I think my car is on page three of their listing.