39 oil bath air cleaner

Guest DADDIO65

Guest DADDIO65

Does anyone know of a filter element that could be placed inside an oil bath style air cleaner for my 39 Zephyr. I have heard of people doing this without changing the outside appearence. Any thoughts or ideas would be most helpful. Thanks, Jeff

I run a stock non oil filter..with a napa paper instead of oil mesh..has 2 benefits.. great filter for abrasives..and slight restriction to increase pcv draw from air cleaner tube..My system works like henry meant.. it draws air in from the oil fill , leaves through air tube..no fumes ..

The filter was hit / miss ..go over to napa and take your filter..find one to work..

Guest DADDIO65

Did you remove the wire mesh from your air cleaner? I'm a little confused as to how you did this. In order to remove my wire "filler" I had to cut the 8 ribs from the inside of the filter. Now that that is open I could install a paper element in the lid. Is that what you are meaning?

Earlier, a person indicated that he was using a mopar air filter in the oil bath cleaner and was not doing any modification to the unit. The mopar filter was for a K car. He didn't say which engine or year model, Does any one know?

I would like to substitute the oil with the

paper filter. My car is a '48 LC. Glenn Lorei (b6vt)

1948 Lincoln Continental Coupe

2002 Lincoln Continental CE 4dr sedan

Edited by b6vt (see edit history)

Guest DADDIO65

I had to remove the old wire filler to be able to clean it, and have it powder coated. Is there anywhere I can buy replacement filler for my oil bath air cleaner? I really don't want to not be able to use it. Any ideas??

Guest Ray Kuntz

daddio

I would like to know if you removed your floor pans when you had the lynx sprayed on them or did you take the car to them.

Ray

Guest DADDIO65

Ray,

I took the car to them. they taped off everything. I went under the car with aluminum A/C tape to form the correct floor pan lines and they sprayed over them. Then I undercoated the floor pans on the outside. You can't really tell. they are very strong and will most likely outlast the car.

thanks,

Jeff