Sunroof Question from a newly hooked owner

Guest mhuffy

Guest mhuffy

I have a 1988 that I found about 2 months ago. It only has 71K and had not run since 2003. It has spent the last 6 years baking in the sun and is very "over-done". The sad part is all the decay was over a crank sensor that was less than a 50.00 fix. I now have everything functional, the CRT is actually sometimes functional, but the car is drivable and I really enjoy it. It is now in the shop having interior restored. Hopefully it will be going for paint in a coulpe months if my wife doesn't hide the checkbook again.

Anyway - Yesterday I found a 1989 for sale. This one is also red, but has the grey interior and a sunroof. I looked at it, but didn't make an offer yet. It has 92K and is in relatively good condition - a daily driver. I like the glass panel sunroofs rather than the painted ones. Is there a replacemnet panel that can convert it to glass? The answer will not necessariliy mean that I will or will not buy it (I have to convince my family why I need 2 Reattas and any suggestions here would be appreciated). If I do end up with it, I would really like to change that pannel, if possible.

Guest steveskyhawk

it seems that many Reatta owners have more than one car. I have 5 and would have more if I had the space. Unfortunatly there is no glass replacement panel for an ORIGINAL Reatta sunroof. If your sunroof works properly be thankful. Remove the outar panel and clean every spec of dirt and debris and lubricate it. If it doesnt work send me a pm. I have parts to fix it.

Guest mhuffy

Thanks for the information on the sunroof. That is disappointing, but as I said, not a deciding factor. In my other cars, I leave the inside pannel open, the glass closed, and the AC or heat going. I can enjoy the outside and stay presentable inside.

As far as the his/hers - wife does not get into cars. In fact - she hates that we have more than two. Fortunately, she knew this about me when we married and basically doesn't interfere with what I want to do unless I write too many checks or she cannot get her Rendezvous in the Garage.

I think I am going to go back up there and look at it again tomorrow. Most likely, I will come home with it.

Different strokes. I bought a second glass sunroof for the Fiero just to paint it black inside. Makes it feel much cooler inside. Of course we are in the 70-90 day period of 90/90 every day.

Like the Reatta, the steep windscreen puts the opening so far back that you do not see out of it anyway