looking for a Gremlin

Guest Richard D

Guest Richard D

Hi I am looking for a non-molested, very little rust as close to stock as possible Gremlin with power discs up front, power steering, automatic and A/C. I am going through the cars from my youth phase.

Thank's,

Richard

Edited by Richard D (see edit history)

I guess the Gremlin X with V8, 4-speed and a/c that I found in the woods wouldn't work for you? I think it's a low-mileage car and quite complete, too, but it's a real restoration project. More of a parts car, actually.

Those were great little cars. I drove a silver one with black stripes and that little car really zipped down the road!

Guest Richard D
I guess the Gremlin X with V8, 4-speed and a/c that I found in the woods wouldn't work for you? I think it's a low-mileage car and quite complete, too, but it's a real restoration project. More of a parts car, actually.

That sounds just like what I am looking for. The engine dosen't have to be a V8 but as you know when it comes to cubic inches too much is not enough. When I was growing up my Dad owned a paint and body shop and that was a godsend for a 16 year old male with a new licence in Miami in 1971. He sold it about 10 years ago so I no longer have a place or the experianced help who used to work for him, Ah George could you help me with this fender alignment? Hey Tito is this sanded well enough for paint? So I am looking for one that is in daily driver shape.

Thank's

Richard

• 3 months later...
Guest GREMLIN JOHN

hEY Rich, log into GREMLIN X .com..you'll find all kinds of Gremie stuff over there. Hope this helps ..John ['72 Gremlin X orig owner] Was a 304,then a 360, now a 401...:D:D

• 3 months later...
What do you want for it? Dan

• 2 months later...

I have a nice, rust-free, Texas Gremlin, one elderly owner until last month, 88,000 miles, 232 six, automatic, power steering, factory A/C (not working--I think I see where the leak is), runs & drives well. Unmolested except for one repaint a few years ago and slight bend on corner of rear bumper. I just removed one of the original AMC fan belts and replaced it with a new one. Car runs & drives very well but I would not trust the weather-cracked tires on the highway. $1350 with new belts, hoses, PCV valve & valve cover gasket. $1450 with a set of used but more recent tires. Car is complete down to the owner's manual and consumer info booklet.

Pete Phillips

Sherman, Texas

pphillips922@earthlink.net

post-32059-143138228397_thumb.jpg

Edited by Pete Phillips (see edit history)

• 10 months later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 1 year later...