TWO 1939 Packard 120s - $19,000

SOLD!

1939 Packard 120 Coupe AND Sedan for Sale at major loss!! $19,000- A pair of solid 8-cylinder Packard with many extra parts and almost every piece of literature put out for the cars. I've lost interest and would like to get them to someone who will finish the coupe up. Both cars run and are titled in my name (Virginia). See more info at www.caroholic.com. Contact Bob Stein (757) 588-6200 or email to posti@aol.com. Cars are located in Norfolk VA.

OPERA COUPE - The original start of the project. This most desirable of the closed models has the folding back seats. The drivetrain and chassis components were all rebuilt, most chrome redone by Royal Silver, dash and windows woodgrained. I had the entire body media blasted by Flatlanders in pieces and then had it professionally prepped and painted in Packard maroon. The door and trunk fit is flawless. The seats have been reupholstered, and a full roll of correct mohair fabric is included. New Rhode Island wiring harness, tires, new glass, most new rubber from Steele, new reproduction hubcaps from Bill Hirsh. New complete exhaust system, glass wing hood ornament, radio, heater, new spare parts (ignition, fan belts, brake shoes, etc.), boxes of new and used parts.

SEDAN - Bought sight unseen from an estate in Maryland to be a 'parts car' and guide for assembling the Coupe, the sedan was parked in 1959 with 62,000 original miles when the original owner died (Still has the 59 plate on the front). I am the second owner and have the original title. After it sat for 40+ years, I got the car running one week after I got it home. I put on new tires, rebuilt the brakes, and drove it around the neighborhood a couple of times. The engine has one set of rings that are stuck or broken, and it smokes until that plug fouls. It drove great, however. It is solid and complete, with banjo wheel, radio, heater, and steering column fan.

post-30937-143138101244_thumb.jpg

post-30937-143138101247_thumb.jpg

Edited by Bob Stein
Cars sold (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest StevesStageOne

Can't use either of your cars, but been thinking maybe you picked up

some spare parts along the way. Have 39 Packard 120 Coupe.

Need sun visor. Can you help?

Thanks.

Steven Sisson sissonse01@cs.com

Hiya! The cars have been sold. And as you might guess, at a rather large loss - serves me right, I guess. However, the cars are going to another AACA member who knows Packards and should do a great job of putting the coupe together. All parts, literature, etc., went with the cars.