Sign in to follow this  
windjamer

Ya think its still there???

Looking through a dresser drawer I just found a scrap book from germany. In the book I found the original sales contrac for a brand new Volkswagen I bought just befor heading home. Acording to the sales slip I paid 5,126.50 marks for it. At the time 1 doller = 4 dutch marks.You do the math. I shiped it home and picked it up in NY. then drove home to Binghamton. About 200 miles. From there it was on to Ft Riley Kansas,only problem is I droped a cyl. on the way. No problem, I pulled a plug wire and limped in to Kansas. I took it to the local vw dealer where I learned tuff s*** fella take it back where you bought it. Yea right. I then reported for duty and the CO gives me 10 days to take my famely back to NY. Seems Im headed for some place called Viet Nam. Where the heck is Viet nam I ask? Anyway I load the bug and call my big brouther, Im headed back home I know I cant make it meet me. I actualy make about 600 miles befor the bug dies on the h/way. I sat there for two days and here comes big bro. Whoope, hes got a chain. Oh well, he tows me to a service station and the guy says I can leave it for a doller a day. Bro. promiss to come back and get it, I go to nam. Question, do you think its still there? Wonder if the station would settle for a little less than a doller a day?? HMMMM

I think by now the storage fee has far outweighed the value of the old VW. Brothers, Don't ya love em....:(...

Let see...a dollar a day for 40 years....... $14,610. Forget about it Dick...;) Dandy Dave!