'38 fuel line

jeff

My steel fuel line goes straight to the pump - no rubber line at all. It has never been a problem.

But - should there be a length of rubber fuel line to handle the vibration?

Can you '38 owners take a quick look?

Thanks,

Jeff

Thanks. Sounds like a good plan, I'm going with the rubber line (3" - 4"). I have been rebuilding my engine, and have it re-installed with the front clip still off. Getting ready to re-install the fuel pump, distributor, water pump, etc., so it seems like a good time to get this done.

Still, I wonder how they left the factory...

Jeff

The Buick left the factory with a steel fuel line from fuel tank to pump to carburator. No rubber lines. I believe for safety reasons. Steel lines are harder to bend and install on a functional vehicle. So a lot of car's have some sections of rubber as repacement. But the rubber can collapse or rot many years in the future and cause fuel delivery problems.

Guest OLBUICKS

I replace my hoses every two years for safety... I drive it less than 60 miles a year.. but time and the additives they put in fuel can cause them to deterioate inside the hose.

Guest OLBUICKS

This keeps my mind at ease... This is my only toy that I can drive right now...

Also have a 38 Buick Coupe, 1969 Charger,, 1970 Jeep Wrangler.. The 4 door (all orginial) is the only one on the road...