Newby needs help!

Guest ken8824

Ken

Let me tease you a little.

I have a 30 CJ too. 4 door.

My car is unfinished and I've had it for almost 30 years.

Back in the late 70"s I had money, (single), was living with Mom and Dad.... Working all the time.

The car was going to be a show car...... My Dad said "Till I discovered women."

Well I bought a lot of stuff for the car and one of the things I bought was an exact duplicate of original, cast bronze, chrome plated radiator cap. I saw it a few minutes ago in my top dresser drawer.

I paid 95.00 for it, brand new, from Sherwood Kalenberg from North Hollywood CA in 1977. I think.

I just went to a MAC computer and am still trying to figure out the photo program or I would post some pictures of the radiator cap.

I have the old original on the car but the wings are broken off.

I need a carburetor. Mine isn't the right one for the car.

Sorry about the tease.

Send me a private E Mail with your phone #

Bill

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ken8824

We guys in the South are accomplished at taking teasing. My radiator cap has the wings but not the center figure. I bought my jewel last month and it is 99% orginial and very solid. Being married 41 years-she just buts up with my cars. Thanks, Ken

I also have a CJ- Sport Coupe that my Dad bought in 1953!! The Model A Ford closed car wiper arms are correct for your car, blades too. Do you still have the "screw" switch for the wiper on the left side of your dash pointing down? Don Sommers makes a very nice SS cap and Jay Fisher has done some exceptional work over the years too. Unfortunately $95.00 will not buy a cap anymore!! Bill if you need a carb, reply and we can get together.

Rob