46 continental 2 dr. ???

Guest pipeweld

Guest pipeweld

bought a 46 lincoln 2 weeks ago. now i have to make up my mind as what to do with it.i got it for the engine ,a 1954 331 Chrysler hemi bolted to Lincoln 3-speed with overdrive. the engine has a Edmon's alum. 2 carter 2 -bbl carburetors. the hemi was installed in 1956 as the story goes. car is rusty but has some good parts.no grill or front bumper. no title . if anyone needs a parts car its in central IL.a friend who is in to building 40's dirt stock cars wants a shot at it . i can strip all interior and outside trim except for rear bumper and spare tire assembly which is very nice [no center cap] but if i can sell car as is i would rather do that.if i sell car for stock car i will also leave 3-speed and overdrive on hemi for display in shop.he runs later Flatheads or small block Chevy and power glides in some of the 40's fords he builds. ask why a Lincoln continental for a Nostalgia race car? he said it will be the only one anyone's ever seen. these are show race type cars for expedition. $900.00

Guest mitch lojek

I would be interested in the stainless trim that surrounds the bottom of the back window if it's in perfect condition.

please send me a personal message.

thanks

Guest pipeweld

ray wilks, the lower trim was not on car.

Mitch,the trim that you ask about is it the piece that runs below window above trunk? it is still on car and in very nice condition.i don't have a clue how to remove it or how to ship it without it getting bent. Jerry

Guest mitch lojek

yes, that's the one. where do you live, maybe I can pickup. I think you get some flat tool and pry it up evenly. it has clips on it similar to the door panels.

mitch

Guest pipeweld
I need a backseat and a few other miscellaneous interior door parts. Can you take some pics to send? Got a backseat?

yes i have the back seat.in 1957 someone painted the car light blue and white. they also recovered the seats in blue white vinyl.just the seats. yesterday i was cleaning some of the crap out of the car and noticed where the vinyl was coming apart i saw original material so i took the vinyl off and found they covered over original material.the only seat i didn't get to was the back part with fold down arm rest. haven't figured out how it comes out.

Guest pipeweld

removed hemi engine along with46 lincoln 3sp and overdrive. will this transmission and over drive fit a V8 ford engine?

Guest pipeweld

thanks Phil, i think i will remove the torque tube, rear end ,springs and the front suspension. i need to figure out how to remove the complete dash so i can hang it on wall in shop.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest pipeweld

got side tracked for couple weeks and finally have everything off the lincoln that had anything to do with the hemi. don't have time to mess with parting it so if anyone wants a parts car no title sitting in central IL.$600.00 thanks jerry