AACA Now and in Your Future

Dynaflash8

The youth thread has gotten so long, I thought I'd start a new one. Below is just a portion of a wonderful submission by Bruce Wheeler, who started cold into the antique car hobby at 17 and who now, at 40, is beginning to reap some of the best that AACA has to offer. He holds a leadership role in his Region and is enjoying what will become a lifetime of friendships.<BR> He replicates my own journey a generation before. How many more of you in that 20-45 age group are here on the DF, who want to be more involved in your local Region and have an enthusiasm for making the lifelong friendships that will result? How many hope to someday be able to take part in all the good things that AACA has to offer, like National Judging (the hobby within the hobby), National Meets and National Tours?<BR>I encourage you to act on those desires that you can do today. Be all you can be today, because the time and the money for some things you can't do today will come tomorrow.<BR>Quoting Bruce Wheeler:<BR>"It was not until I was almost 30 and married with our first child that someone talked to me about the AACA. My wife Di and I joined AACA and Harford Region shortly after. But it was not until several years after when we attended the Annual Meeting in Philly that I really undertood that there was more to the AACA. Prior to that, the AACA was just the place we sent our national dues to. Now its a big part of our past time and lifestyle. I only wish I had known about the AACA earlier."