1960 Invicta Custom sw Barn Find brings record $

70 Electra

Wow!! The "barn find" 1960 Invicta Custom wagon that has been on ebay, just sold for over $10,000. Note that it took at least 2 bidders to bring it to that high level.

The car is in need of a compelete restoration, but is amazingly complete and unmolested. As my website explains, these western-themed wagons, utilized a unique leather bucket seat interior that was different from coupe/convert Customs.

Records indicate that less than 300 of the wagons were built, and only a handful survived.

I wish the new owner all the best of luck in his restoration, and hope he strives to do the job accurately. I invite him to contact me, so that I may put him in touch with a knowledgeable enthusiast that is currently finshing a top-notch resto on an Invicta Custom wagon.

I understand that this cool '60 Estate Wagon will share its auto transporter to the Northwest with another original, barn-find Buick that is destined for a British Columbia BCA member. The car is an unmolested 1959 Electra 225 4-door hardtop (flattop) in Lido Lavender / Arctic White, fully optioned with factory A/C, Autronic Eye, Wonderbar, etc.

I hope to be on hand when the transporter arrives here in Washington. How cool to see these two Buick beauties on a transporter at the same time!

Archived