wtb: white truck parts

looking for veteran white truck parts for a model TC 5 ton chaindrive truck 1915/16, i need a radiator, steering and rear sprockets, interested in any mechanical parts big or small, i have tried the white truck club and aths, with no luck so far, any help would be appreciated, thanks mike.

post-62591-143138096911_thumb.jpg

• 3 months later...

hi, yes i have had some luck with locating a white dump truck of the same age that has a radiator and a few other useful parts, just trying to negotiate buying them, through help from the motor transport museum in san diego CA i now know that my truck is a 3 ton model TC longwheelbase flatdeck not a 5 ton model TC as i thought originally, as far as restoration work i have done some chassis repairs, but until i find and acquire the parts i need doing any major work would be jumping the gun! thanks for your interest, mike.

Guest Hume Lumber

Mike,

I am interested in what you are doing because I am studying the history of a local lumber company that used a ~1913 White Truck for transporting supplies. I believe it was also a 3 ton White Truck. On the internet there are not a lot of photos, so I would love it if you sent photos of your progress. It is my dream to build a model of the who lumber seen. As a part of that I would make a model of the White Truck.

Please keep in touch.

Matthew

• 1 year later...

hi dan, your truck looks like its in very good condition and original, i am still looking for some of the smaller parts for my 5 ton model, the glass oil sight fitting on the bulkhead, a fueltank or some detailed pictures and measurements, and any sheetmetal or plans/pictures of, if you know of anyone with spares or parts i'd be pleased to hear from them, thanks mike.

Hi Mike, here's a couple of pics of the pedal assembly. It swivels easily, surface rust only. Let me know if it's correct for your application. The steering column I have does not have the box, it's the column, steering wheel spider, horn button, gas pedal and bracket where it bolts to the firewall.

post-70289-143138533937_thumb.jpg

post-70289-143138533943_thumb.jpg

• 5 months later...
Guest rnrfranklin

my 1922 white truck is in need of new tires 10 24 or 9.00 24 i found a tire shopin midwest usa called tire town that claims to have many 24 inch truck n tractor tires very reasonably priced i also have a real good lookin 1922 white carburator for sale seems to be good with manifold all there 100 dollors or maybe trade for 1967 ford 1 barrel carb for 6 cyl. if good ready to run . also my 22 white is for sale or trade for smaller old truck 50 or older driver my 22 is all stock eccept i run a ford 6 banger n c 4 auto trans drives nice has truck 1922 plates registered to it n 12 volt

Guest rnrfranklin

i just posted a picture of a 1922 bonnet latch . its basicaly a double loop top hole for finger bottom hole fits over pin on bonnett top piece ,loops, is threaded onto lower tube ,threads are spring loaded internaly and base is pivot from base with two rivits holding it to frame rail cover tin picture is in my area ,rnrfranklin

• 8 years later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I am trying to find some parts of the spark control for a White truck.  I need the part that connects to the gear in the end of the steering column to the mechanism that actually moves the spark advance on the mag.  Would you have any idea where I might find one?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Hi Blastermike, How is the White chain drive project coming along? Seems to me that Pop Hays (Hays Truck Museum in Woodland, CA in the late 1980s) had a chain drive White at one point. Do you know anything about that truck and what may have become of it? Hays thought that it was a 1914 model but the serial number was 40832 which I think makes it a 1917 model.

White TCB 5-Ton sn 40832 1914 Hays Museum c1988_001.jpg

White TCB 5-Ton sn 40832 1914 Hays Museum c1988_002.jpg

White TCB 5-Ton sn 40832 1914 Hays Museum c1988_003.jpg

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Hi warren 

sorry dont check in to this site often and just seen your post

ive never seen the hays chaindrive white until now, my 2nd chaindrive white (5 ton model) came from bernie long in bloomington ca in about 2009, it had a large winch on the back and apparently was used in building construction work to lift stuff up on building sites

as for my whites i havent started on any of the chaindrive models yet but i have been working on the little 3/4 ton 1915 white, at present looking into buying new wheel rims and their hardware from a company in the uk that reproduces these, and i will have all new wooden wheels remade here in nz, appreciate your interest

cheers mike

IMG_3107.jpeg

• Like 2