'95 Buick Riviera

Guest arikalea

Guest arikalea

I just recently replaced my tie rods, brakes and rotors on all 4, drive shaft and ball joint under the assumption my car would last after this. Then my super charger is going out and they want 600 to 2000 to fix it. Is it possible to run the '95 Buick Riviera without the super charger??

I just recently replaced my tie rods, brakes and rotors on all 4, drive shaft and ball joint under the assumption my car would last after this. Then my super charger is going out and they want 600 to 2000 to fix it. Is it possible to run the '95 Buick Riviera without the super charger??

Not without spending an equivalent amount of money to completely change the intake, fuel injectors, computer, wiring, etc.

95's are a tough breed to keep running, but they are so nice when going that you tend to forget the bad parts.

As to the supercharger, there are a few things to check.

First remove the one belt and the twist the supercharger pulley by hand. You should feel a small amount of play when rocking it back and forth. If more than a 1/4 pulley rotation then the connector inside the nose of the s charger is going bad. If you cannot turn the pulley at all, then the bearing in the nose cone is going bad.

If you can turn the pulley and you have the small amount of play rocking the pulley back and forth, then you may have an idler pulley issue or a tensioner issue. If you have 99K or more you may also have an harmonic balancer issue.

If it rerally is the S charger, do some foot work before buying that thing. I noticed that there were several remanufacturers who advertise through e bay and one of the S chargers rebuilt usually goes for less than $600.00. Next, make sure it comes with the gaskets and if so, change it yourself.

Just make sure you have enough supercvharger oil on hand when you do this. You cannot run them dry.