A few Photos

Jdee

Jdee, You truly created a Masterpiece with the Packard. My buddy and I walked by it a few times with a quick glance at the V-12 when we realized that the crowd was looking at the interior. <BR> shocked.gif" border="0 That is one of the most beautiful interiors I've seen in 35+ years of enjoying this hobby. Personally I'd love to hear more about this car and your hand it it. The Pic's of it just don't do it justice.<BR> Doug BCA# 33850<P> cool.gif" border="0

I don't know much about the car really.<BR>It was in the Big Dome at the Worlds Fair<BR>and was considered the Pinnacle of Transportation for the 20th Century, <BR>Still is I think grin.gif" border="0 <BR>When we did the dash I had no idea that it was going into such a beautiful car. All that gold plating sure looks nice. It was all real wood I think, just the main darker<BR>part of the dash was printed woodgrain<BR>Jdee<P><BR>The fellow who restored it is on my website<BR>under endorsments his contact info..<BR> <A HREF="http://woodgraining.com/" TARGET=_blank>http://woodgraining.com/</A>

Jdee,<BR> I attended an auction in Waynesboro, PA back in the sixties when the Car of the Dome, a Clark Gable roadster, a Doris Duke Duesenberg, and a Tasco were sold. These vehicles were from the estate of the heir to the Barney's Teething Syrup fortune, if memory serves me correctly. Gene Zimmerman, who had a museum at the time near Harrisburg, was the successful bidder on the roadster and the Duesenberg. I believe the Car of the Dome sold for about $7,000. I don't know its history after that. It was built for the Chicago Exposition. Many books on Packard feature this car. It is indeed a beauty. Just think, if I had $7K back in the 60s it could be mine! Another of the ones that got away story. I had just purchased a really rough '37 Super 8 short wheelbase sedan for $200 at the time. Not much of a stretch from $200 to $7,000!<BR>jnp