1927 Buick Standard Wood frame.

Guest 1927Buick

Guest 1927Buick

Is there anywhere I can get plans for the wooden passenger compartment frame that would allow me to make a new one. Thanks, even if you can't help.

Guest Roger_Roy

Id advise against unless your a cabinet maker or have a good amount of experience and equipment, there are joints and wood type/grain that are structural in a wood body. There was a book on buick bodies something to do with the Fisher body company, not sure of the detail in there. Otherwise copy what you have? find another body to copy (not so easy) or cough up for someone to do it. Where are you? down here its about A$10K to re wood a sedan.

Roger

There are no plans availavle.

There is a Fisher Body book reprint available from Bob's Automobilia. It is not specific to any year but gives a general description of how the body is built.

It is helpful but not a blueprint.

Your best bet is to copy the old wood.

Ask on the Yahoo 1927 buicks group for any old wood that people on that group may have saved from their restoration.

I have the pieces that go over the windsheld of a model 27 that I am going to copy for my car. I can make a template for you if you want it.

I also have some pictures that I have been colecting of the interior wood frame that I can send you.

Fred fred.rawling@live.com

Guest 1927Buick

Thanks guys for responding. Sorry for taking so long. Had log in problems.

The problems I am having right now is establishing the arch in the cross bows. I have the rear one under the metal (ends are rotted off) and the one in front of it. They are also warped downwards, leaving no way to establish original arch. Has anybody ever contacted Fisher Body and gotten info from them?

My second problem is the door posts. They lean outwards. I don't know if the were like that from the factory, or if its from the racking of the car?

The metal brackets also lean out wards?

Dose BCA have information like this?

Guest 1927Buick
As Fred mentioned above, the Fisher Body book is about the only printed info that exists and it is very general in nature. Little detail and no dimensions. Are you working on a Standard or Master series car?

I have the Fisher Body manual. Maybe its best guess ??????

Guest Roger_Roy

wouldnt go guessing or doors wont close, things wont fit and it could all fall appart at a very bad time, how about a link to some photos? (photobucket for example)

Roger

Guest 1927Buick

NWS Australia. Sorry I don't know how to do that. Roger do you get taxed to death in Australia. Retireing may to a different country

• 2 months later...
Guest Andyt59

My father completely restored a '27 master series. He might still have the patters for the top bows that would give you an idea. There isn't a whole lot of arch to the roof of the car... Contact me off forum at andyt59@yahoo.com and I'll get you his number. (he doesn't do these "new fangled computer thingies")

-Andy

• 1 year later...
Guest Dale R Butterfield

Anyone need a 1927 Buick "Master" Series engine (with all the goodies), clutch, and Transmission with lock. This stuff all looks like it's been in dry storage for many years (still got paint and not rusted). Will consider parting out or package deal. Call Dale at 801-663-6080 or email dnsbutterfield@gmail.com. Can take pics if needed. Thanks for your interest, Dale. I also have a 1930 Buick "standard " engine complete and frame with all accessories (cowl, hood, radiator with great chrome shell, etc.) Let's chat and trade or ?. Will trade for 28 Buick series 20 roadster or coupe left rear fender, floor panels, and golf door, or roadster windshield frame. Thanks, your ol Buick bud, Dale.

Edited by Dale R Butterfield (see edit history)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Dale R Butterfield

This engine is a 1930 Buick "standard" 28.4 horse power unit and may not be what you want. I thought it was a master series one because it looks so massive. The engine was running about 6 years ago and is in really great shape as far as I can tell. If the center section of the block will work for you let me know and maybe we can make a killer deal. Thanks and good luck on your projects. If you want you can call me on my cell phone at 801-663-6080 or email me direct at dnsbutterfield@gmail.com. I almost hate to break up such a great unit but money seams to talk to me these days. Thanks for your interest. Your Buick buddy, Dale.

Edited by Dale R Butterfield (see edit history)

Guest Dale R Butterfield

Hi again erndog, I think I have a 1927 mid block section for the master series engine (#2202803). There is a lower section, crankshaft, cam, and 3 pistons still installed in the block. Any interest in that? Everything is well coated with grease to prevent corrosion. Email me back at dnsbutterfield@gmail.com or call me on #801-663-6080. Thanks, Dale.

Hey Dale,

Hope things are going well for you. The 1930 master engine (50 and 60 series) is a unique animal and there would be little if anything that will interchange with a '27. Many of the parts from the '29 Master will work but the 1930 block has a larger bore, thus the blocks are not interchangeable without boring the '29. Actually there is almost no interchange between the 1930 standard (40 series) and master motors as well.

Thanks,

Guest Dale R Butterfield

Hi there Michael, Thanks for the information. You are mucho appreciado! Hope all's well with you too! Have you moved yet? I've made a vow I'm never going to move (too much stuff) ha. Yer ol' Buick bud, Dale.

Guest Dale R Butterfield

Hi there Steve, What are these pieces of wood for. (Make and Model?) I have a 28 Buick Roadster "standard" 115" wheel base car that needs a windshield, left rear fender, and golf door. I could also use door hinges and latches as well as floor panels and seat springs for both the insides and rumble seat compartment. The fender, golf door, and floor panels could come off a coupe I believe. Thanks for your input. Your ol' Buick bud, Dale.

Guest Dale R Butterfield

Dear Steve, I did not get your answer. Are these pieces of wood for a 1928 Buick model 24 roadster? If so I'd like to get them. Let me know what the shipping cost will be and I'll get it sent to you. Thanks, Dale.

Guest Dale R Butterfield

Hiya Michael, Hope your move went smoothly! Are you still settling in? I have acquired a 30 Buick bumper that goes all the way across (from side to side). Interested? Good shape with medallions, etc. Do you want me to continue holding the rear window roller for the Joe Lewis "special"? Hope all's well with you, Dale.

These pieces came out of 1926 Model 27. It includes the two posts in front of the front doors and the curved piece under windshield behind dash. They were used but I used them for a pattern to made new pieces for my 1927 Model 27 Woodie.

Guest Dale R Butterfield

Hi again Steve, Thanks for the information. It sounds like the pieces you have should be the same as my 1928 model 24 roadster. If so, let me know what you require to take care of the shipping costs. Cell phone #801-663-6080 or email dnsbutterfield@gmail.com or reply on this thread. Do you have any roadster parts I mentioned or know who might. Thanks in advance, Dale.

Guest Dale R Butterfield

Hi Steve, The model 27 is a sedan is it not? If that is the case the door posts will be way different than that of a roadster and would not work. I'm thinking the curved piece under the dash should be the same as both cars are 115" wheel base. Thanks for checking this out for me. Your Buick Bud, Dale.