Anybody got a center cap emblem for sale?

Guest drumforever

Guest drumforever

One of mine came off today. Apparently this intense Texas heat melted the glue and it flew off. Center cap is still there, just no emblem. Looks really ugly to me.

Guest drumforever

I checked Ebay first. All they have on there right now is the front nose emblem and it's a little smaller.

I imagine the center cap would be close enough on an '89. Better looking than no emblem at all. Is it about 3.25" in diameter?

Edited by drumforever (see edit history)

Guest steveskyhawk

Correction: Removing the "R" center from a hubcap will generally destroy the appearance of the 3D sunburst effect.

Correction: Removing the "R" center from a hubcap will generally destroy the appearance of the 3D sunburst effect.

The glue will pull the foil off the emblem when you try to remove them. The best way to try is cut the aluminum close to the emblem as possible, then use a razor-blade scraper to cut the glue/emblem off the alumnum.

Guest Bobby Valines

Travis sent the hub cap today the center is in VGC. the outer looks aged. Hope you can do something with it.

Guest THEHKP7M13

Possibly just use the entire hub cap that was sent to you if the condition of it is acceptable and avoid the entire R&R procedure.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest drumforever

Just got back from vacation and the center cap was here! Thanks so much. You really packed it well. Above and beyond what I expected. Cap itself is a little rough, but the center emblem looks great. I'm gonna try to clean the cap up a little before I try to pull the emblem off. This and all the help I get are why I love this forum!!!!

id concider any centers better than the orange reatta ones.

lol. ;)

I acquired some Riveria/1991 Reatta style wheels that still have the caps,, just a big R and the cap is same size as the regular 91 Reatta cap which are not very easy to track down. So I was wondering what to do with them ??

Could use as nice spares for refurb/ restore, or like I said I could use a couple of them on one side of car b/c unfortunately I only got 3 of them! :rolleyes:

Now that I have (8) 1991 wheels total the goal is to get 4 of them repainted and have a full set on stand-by if needed.