1960 T-bird need suspension help

Guest Rohey

Guest Rohey

Had my father-in-laws 1960 t-bird towed yesterday and damage was done to the front suspension when the driver pulled into onto the flatbed with J-hooks.

I need someone to identify the damage and name the parts so I can find a repair shop. The car is undriveable, can hardly even push it!:mad:

My father in law passed away last month so the previous expert is gone....:(

I will post pictures in a separate post to the thread..

Guest Rohey

Here are a couple of pics

The right front the tire is way out at the surface and the left front is pointing left but the wheel is straigtht.

The supsension pieces (brass color) look fairly new and are not perpendicular and look bent. Can someone tell me what they are and how difficult to replace. I live in the Seattle area if anyone can recommend a shop to tow the care to...Thanks

post-62844-143138094998_thumb.jpg

post-62844-143138095001_thumb.jpg

post-62844-143138095005_thumb.jpg

I just sent a link to this thread and the photos to a guy that we just helped sell his '56 T-Bird from here on the forums. Hopefully he can identify the damaged parts. Earl is a very nice man and I am sure if he can help you he will.

I hope that you are going to go after the idiot :mad: that damaged the car and make they pay for the damage done to it.

Edited by Shop Rat (see edit history)

Guest Bluesky636
Here are a couple of pics

The right front the tire is way out at the surface and the left front is pointing left but the wheel is straigtht.

The supsension pieces (brass color) look fairly new and are not perpendicular and look bent. Can someone tell me what they are and how difficult to replace. I live in the Seattle area if anyone can recommend a shop to tow the care to...Thanks

The items in the photos are the front stabilizer bar endlinks. They are readily available, not too expensive, and easy to replace, maybe 15 minutes for each side.

However, from the damage you describe, it sounds like the idiot tow truck drive either damaged the tie rod and/or power steering hydraulic ram (would be on the opposite side of the stabilizer bar in the photos), or worse, bent the lower A-arms. These repairs could be very expensive

Contact these guys for parts information:

Larry's Thunderbird & Mustang Parts, Inc. -- Welcome

They may also be able to help you find a repair shop in your area, although there is nothing special about the front end of a 60 'Bird, and any competent repair shop should be able to handle the repairs.

I hope that you are holding the towing company liable for the damage as it is clearly due to their own incompetence.

Good luck. let us know how things go,

The items in the photos are the front stabilizer bar endlinks. They are readily available, not too expensive, and easy to replace, maybe 15 minutes for each side.

However, from the damage you describe, it sounds like the idiot tow truck drive either damaged the tie rod and/or power steering hydraulic ram (would be on the opposite side of the stabilizer bar in the photos), or worse, bent the lower A-arms. These repairs could be very expensive

Contact these guys for parts information:

Larry's Thunderbird & Mustang Parts, Inc. -- Welcome

They may also be able to help you find a repair shop in your area, although there is nothing special about the front end of a 60 'Bird, and any competent repair shop should be able to handle the repairs.

I hope that you are holding the towing company liable for the damage as it is clearly due to their own incompetence.

Good luck. let us know how things go,

I just heard back from Earl. He agrees 100% with this advice. He also said that Larry's is the place to deal with. He has always been happy with their products.

His '56 T-Bird was picked up by the transporter Saturday and is on it's way to Jersey Jim. It is the car that Bill and I went to look at for Jim about a month ago here in W. Va.

Had my father-in-laws 1960 t-bird towed yesterday and damage was done to the front suspension when the driver pulled into onto the flatbed with J-hooks.

I need someone to identify the damage and name the parts so I can find a repair shop. The car is undriveable, can hardly even push it!:mad:

My father in law passed away last month so the previous expert is gone....:(

I will post pictures in a separate post to the thread..

Call the Bird's Nest in Oregon which is close to you. Bunch of good guys who can help you with advice. They are also close enough you can go visit them for repair discussions.