Which Marmon?

Guest US1787

Guest US1787

I'm not a Marmon collector so I could use some help from the experts. Attached below is an emblem I have for a Marmon. To which model does it belong? I've seen lots of Marmon emblems with different color enamel. Does the enamel color signify the model? How common is gold? Did Marmon use different color enamels to designate model years? Many thanks for any help you can provide!

post-62750-143138094991_thumb.jpg

Guest US1787

Yes of course. The emblem is 2 3/16" wide by 1 1/8" high. This is a two-part emblem. The base is heavy stamped brass or copper and the inside oval is nickel plated.

• 4 months later...

Hi,

I have a two part emblem with gold lettering like yours, and a few of the usual nickle plated (same size) with the blue lettering also. My original '27 Little 8 came with the one piece nickle plated radiator shell emblem with the blue lettering, and I bought the car from the original owner. I would also like to know which year these two piece, gold lettered emblems came on.

kaycee:)

Guest virgilmule

As I stated earlier, the emblem is exactly like the one on my 1930 Model 8-79. It MIGHT also have been used on the other models from that year (Roosevelt, 8-69, Big Eight), but I don't know that for sure.