1959 364 engine & Dynaflow

Pete Phillips

I have a 364 engine, complete except for the fan, from a 1959 LeSabre, for sale. It has the 2-barrel carburetor, unknown mileage, but can't be that much because there is very little ridge at the top of the cylinder walls. I have refaced the valves, installed new cylinder head & valve cover gaskets, cleaned out the oil pan & installed a new oil pan gasket, cleaned & painted the entire engine and the exhaust manifolds. I do have the starter, although it is not shown in the photos, it is included. Also includes the power steering pump (it will need new hoses), and 2-barrel carburetor with starter switch intact. $550. Will try to attach photos, but didn't have any luck earlier.

I also have the very clean (recently rebuilt???) Dynaflow transmission, condition unknown, that goes with this engine, for an additional $200 if anyone wants it. I will sell the transmission alone, if someone wants it without the engine.

Located in Sherman, Texas, but I do have to go to Massachusetts in late August, so could deliver along that route.

Email me for photos. All of my photo uploads failed.(?)

pphillips922@earthlink.net

Pete Phillips, BCA #7338

Sherman, Texas

Edited by Pete Phillips (see edit history)

Trying again to load the photo. This 364 will fit a 1961 LeSabre (will need a different transmission tail though, due to open drive shaft in 1961 Buicks); will fit 1960 LeSabre, 1959 LeSabre, 1958 Special, and 1957 Special. In the 1957 and 1958 Specials, the generator may need a different mounting bracket due to its slightly different location on those cars.

post-32059-143138094563_thumb.jpg

Eric,

Yes, and obviously you did not receive my reply. I don't think the private messages on this new system are working very well.

I switched the carburetor around (thanks) and I think the manifolds are correctly installed.

Engine and transmission are still available if anyone is interested.

Pete Phillips, BCA #7338

Edited by Pete Phillips (see edit history)