1954 Oldsmobile Dream Car - Restored!

Marquisauto

Welcome to Marquis Auto Restorations

With the help of many, this rare National Award Winning "Dream Car" has finally been brought back to life after 45+ years. For all those attending the Fall Meet in Hershey in 2009, please visit us on the show field with our 1930 Cadillac V16 and see some of the photos we will have of this Oldsmobile. It can not attend the show since it is a modified custom show car and not authentic as per AACA rules.

This vehicle has been filmed for a one hour documentary episode on what it takes to restore a 'barn find'. Including finding historical data, previous ownership, people that knew the car back in the day, restoration, parts hunting and more.

We look forward to being a part of the AACA Events and everyone should stop by to find our more information about our new upcoming TV Series on The National Geographic Channel, which a portion of it was filmed last year at Hershey! The show will be airing soon and we want to get all you car lovers involved.

Anyone with a collectible vehicle that needs restoration or repairs should contact us and come visit our state of the art facility. We will be looking for some interesting stories and vehicles for our upcoming TV show.<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

• 1 year later...

I own a 1954 Olds Holiday 98 2dr hdtp. I have been trying to get some info on what people do re radio/cd or radio/cassette behind the concave dash in the '54 Oldsmobiles. I bought a second radio for the purpose of showing anyone who might deal with this situation, the dimensions of my radio, so he'd know at least how much room he'd have to work with. I really want to keep my dash looking as it does now. I know I can have it converted from A.M. to A.M./F.M. But I want more than just radio. If anyone with a '54 or even a '55 Oldsmobile has successfully found a remedy to this situation, PLEASE let me know. I'm in Dutchess County, N.Y.

Thanks. wsiemon@hvc.rr.com:confused:

I have been trying to get some info on what people do re radio/cd or radio/cassette behind the concave dash in the '54 Oldsmobiles.

If anyone with a '54 or even a '55 Oldsmobile has successfully found a remedy to this situation, PLEASE let me know. I'm in Dutchess County, N.Y.

Thanks. wsiemon@hvc.rr.com:confused:

I have a 1957 Pontiac and had a similar issue. I hate the look of an aftermarket radio, but also did not like the cost or sound quality of the radios sold with late model "guts" inside.

I found the following source in New York. This guy can upgrade the performance of your tube-type AM radio and install a plug for an IPod or other MP3 player. For only about $200 I have my original tube radio sounding good AND can plug in my Ipod with 1700 songs and an FM receiver.

Robert Pacini

Precision Stereo Repair

8441 Seneca Tpke

New Hartford NY, 13413

315-797-5219

oldstereo@hotmail.com

I have a 1957 Pontiac and had a similar issue. I hate the look of an aftermarket radio, but also did not like the cost or sound quality of the radios sold with late model "guts" inside.

I found the following source in New York. This guy can upgrade the performance of your tube-type AM radio and install a plug for an IPod or other MP3 player. For only about $200 I have my original tube radio sounding good AND can plug in my Ipod with 1700 songs and an FM receiver.

Robert Pacini

Precision Stereo Repair

8441 Seneca Tpke

New Hartford NY, 13413

315-797-5219

oldstereo@hotmail.com

With one of my '62 Oldsmobile Starfires I found it quite easy to just sacrifice the glove box to a receiver with a CD player and a socket for connecting an MP3 player. The next time I may use the box in the console instead, though running the antenna connection would be a bit more challenging.

Jim