1965 Riviera radio support

pyntre

I am currently piecing my dash back together and have come to the conclusion that I am missing the bottom support for the Radio . It is a Am / Fm not a wonderbar or sonomatic . There are two holes in the bottom of the radio where a cross support bar would screw on and I imagine work as a ground also . ? I bought the car in boxes and have run into a few "missing " pieces , a very complex car to put back together when you are not the one who took it apart !!! Any responses would be great and a lead on the piece I need would be great too !! Thanks

There is a shelf , per say, that is welded across between the left and right dash , but to be able to get to any screws from beneath that and into the bottom of the radio I would have to remove the entire center console , heat -ac controls . I read the service manual and it says to "remove the two screws from the support " but nothing about removing any of the above . Nothing would suprise though , I think those guys on the assembly line in '65 had way more patience than we folk do in today's world !! Unfortunatly the service manual doesn't give a good drawing of that specific area, or that there may be a seperate bracket. What do you think ???????

Thanks to all that responded to my question and answered it for me! The piece I was missing was staring at me all along . I didn't realize the hard plastic AC duct slid right out . After that was out of the way removing the four screws that hold the heat - ac control console does give enough room to get your hands in there to put the two screws through the support - THAT WAS THERE THE WHOLE TIME -and into the bottom of the radio. I worked on the dash for most of the day and have it all back together, a sight I haven't seen since I bought the car with lots of things apart. I dont think there are many dash boards as nice looking as the 65's !!! Thanks for the help everybody...now on to the next puzzle piece.......:D

• 3 years later...