Another Nail Head Identification Please

Thanks to all who helped with identifying my first one but have uncovered from the other end of my garage another motor with Dynaflow attached. The engine number is: V326213

It has a four barrel intake (no carb,) vibration damper with two V belt groves, spark plug covers and round front engine mounts attached. Unfortunately it is stuck but has been in the garage under cover for longer than I can remember.

Does the last number being a 3 mean it might be a 1953? It has both exhaust manifolds and starter but has a damaged solenoid (black plastic). No pictures at this point but can manage if needed.

Thanks in advance, Doug.

The number you have given places it beween the beginning number of 273956 for 1954 and 720080 for 1955 so from that it is a 1954. There should be a - 4, - 5, - 6, or - 7 as the last digit which signifies which series it was in. Check that. I'm bettin it's a 6 or 7.

Edited by MrEarl (see edit history)

Again Thanks MrEarl,

Getting ready tonight to leave for the weekend but have obviously missed the last number and will check when I get back. Took a bit of work with emery paper to get what I did so probably did not get it all. Does the V at the beginning mean anything special? Would this be that 322 versus the smaller block which will be determined by the last number I still have to recover?

Will be posting my two engines for sale on the Buick site first and possibly my local street rod bunch if nothing happens. With a bit of chatter at a local car night have someone interested in a Ford flathead I have also that he wants for a rat rod. Would rather the nail heads go to a Buick car but I have to move this stuff before Xmas if possible. Thanks for the help again, Doug.

With that number and a 4 barrel intake and harmonic balancer, it's a pretty good chance it's a 1954 322. There's about 2/1 odds that number is gonna be a 6. ;)

Hello All,

Went back in the garage to check the block number today to see if I missed anything. What I found was what I reported first, stamped number is: V326213 and nothing else. MrEarl, what does this mean as to what model it was for? I mean I emery clothed the whole area to make sure there was not a light stamp I missed and nothing other than what I reported. Curious now to see what this block is. It is stuck with the trany attached and have viewed others suggestions as to how to loosen it so will possibly attempt it soon if nothing else to make moving things easier.

Please let me know guys what you think, Doug.

Dave,

Thanks for coming back regarding this. I guess I was wondering because it does not have a last number to designate what model it was placed in if this was of any significance or not and not second guessing MrEarl's information at all. Would the lack of that last number be common practice?

At the very least it appears that I have: one 1954 322 four barrel w/trany attached and one 1955 264 two barrel engine only that need to go to good homes. Thanks again, Doug.