Sign in to follow this  
hannibalhann

paint for 1938 hubcaps

hi y'all, what color is being used for the script on the 38 lz hubcaps i have one black and one red ?? is there a special paint?? the car will be black with toupe intieror, v12 bill ,,has given directions for appling the paint, i believe the wheels are black.. thanks larry:confused:

post-42794-143138093408_thumb.jpg

Rolf Burdette painted the caps for my '41 - red. If you contact him to see where he gets it, tell him I said hi, and I hope he's doing o.k. Contact info below.

rolf@got.net

(831) 475-6456

I have a similar question about sources of light brown paint for the steering column & shift lever for a '41. Color-ite doesn't stock paint anymore.

-Dave

Just got off the phone with Rolf about another matter. He say's to use Rustoleum Regal Red on the lettering, it's very close to original. Dee

I would be interested in the paint application process. I have a '39 LZ and would like to touch up/re-paint the hub caps as well as the hood ornament. I am going to assume the Rustoleum Regal Red is also the correct color for a '39. I want to make sure I apply the paint properly.

thanks y'all, will go to ace hardware and get the paint tomorrow sorry i didn;t get back as my daughter in the hospital,, thanks again, larry