Help ID touring body

Guest zathras

Guest zathras

I've recently acquired a touring car body purported to be 1925 Dodge Brothers. From the dash and windshield stanchions I do think it's a Dodge Brothers body, but I'm not sure if the year is accurate. There's no frame so I can't get an ID number and other posts in this forum indicate any body number I might find would be useless in determining its age. One of the curious things I've noted is that the passenger side doors have only interior latching handles, while the driver side doors have only exterior handles. Also, three of the doors have a top rail (garnish molding?) with a boss and hole almost like a '30s-'50s door lock button. The stanchions were wired to the rear seat area and can be seen in that photo. I can supply more photos if needed, and I appreciate any help you might be able to provide.

-Glenn

Photos at http://l3d.cs.colorado.edu/~zathras/touring/touring.html

Edited by zathras
Photos not showing up. Added URL for photos. (see edit history)

Don't see any pics. Are the door bottoms rounded or square? 1924 and later had square bottom doors, '23 and earlier had round. Late '22 and '23 had external door handles, early '22 and earlier had only inside levers. The top door rail you refer to sounds like '19 and earlier doors. They also had cast or forged hinges and '20 and later had stamped steel and will not interchange. Late '22 and later had a curved bottom windshield and early '22 and earlier were flat bottom with the posts at the end of the flat.

Ok, I see you added the pics link. That is a 20-early 22 body. the doors with outside handles are late 22-23.

It is a 114" wheelbase.

The hole in the top of the doors are for side curtain rods.

Guest zathras

Thanks very much. While I've been lurking, I've seen a lot of helpful folks here and I really appreciate the information. My grandson and I are going to learn body repair side-by-side and hope to have something nice when we're done.