brake hoses no longer available

harry yarnell

I need a LF brake hose for a '88 and a RF hose for a '91, and my parts guy says both are discontinued. Now I fool with Riviera's of the same period (they're basically the same as the Reatta), and had a hose on the shelf for the '88, and used something close for the '91, but didn't have him check for avalibility for the Riviera. I suspect it'll be the same. Not good.

Guest Drake

Hey Harry,

Just talked to my friend at NAPA Auto Parts. He looked up all five brake hoses for my 89. All still available, next day from the warehouse. You should be able to find what you're looking for through them.

Guest Richard D

Can't brake hoses or A/C hoses be made up as needed? I am sure they will be more expensive but I have taken hydraulic hoses from a 1960 Cessna 210 retractable gear system and a shop made matching ones with aeroquip hose and fittings.

Perhaps the GM/Delco parts are disco'd, but there should be plenty of aftermarket availability on these. This is also likely the reason the GM parts are being dropped.

I know I did fronts on my 91 about 1 year ago, and had no problem getting originals then, but GM SPO has been dropping some of this stuff, and I suspect this will now accelerate somewhat with the corporate changeover at GM.

KDirk

Guest Richard D
yes if you have the ends...

Not true, They had the ends in stock and matched the originals perfectly.