Wheel covers for '72 LTD

I'm looking for a set of the optional what I call "turbine style" wheel covers for my '72 LTD. I believe they were optional on full size Fords from '68-'72. They don't have to be mint, just very good originals. I've seen some on E-bay, but they were a little too rich for my blood. I've looked for them at Hershey since I started going in 2004, but no luck. I'll be looking again this year, too. If anyone has any they'd like to sell or knows where a set might be available, I'd appreciate hearing from you. Thanks.

• 2 months later...
Guest Alexander

Hi,

I have just finished dusting off the full set of turbine wheel covers that were on our 1972 Ford LTD Country Squire wagon (original owners).

With the exception of very slight pitting on one of the covers, they are in excellent shape. These happened to be replacement covers for the originals that were stolen off the wagon when we were in Toronto. The Ford shipping boxes along with the covers have been quietly sitting in our garage for a just few years.

If you are still interested in acquiring Ford's '72 turbine wheel covers, please contact me.

Guest Alexander

Hi John,

My apologies for my delayed response. Complications arose following surgery on the 30th, so I have not been my usual attentive self relative to email and web sites of interest.

That aside, if you would like me to email photos of the wheel covers, please share your email address with me. I am at: abiellak@rochester.rr.com.

As implied by the email address, we are in the Rochester, NY area. Although we had planned to be in the York, PA area in two weeks (not too far from Hershey if you were planning to be there), those plans have been put on hold.

Al Biellak

• 4 months later...

Al and I exchanged e-mails about these wheel covers but he never got back to me about a price. I know he had some major health issues. I haven't tried to e-mail him again but am thinking I'll try and see what happens. In the meantime, I am still looking for a good set of these wheel covers. I bought a banged up set at Hershey last fall, thinking I'd play with them over the winter and try to make them look decent, but they're still sitting in the basement.

I'm looking for a set of the optional what I call "turbine style" wheel covers for my '72 LTD. I believe they were optional on full size Fords from '68-'72. They don't have to be mint, just very good originals. I've seen some on E-bay, but they were a little too rich for my blood. I've looked for them at Hershey since I started going in 2004, but no luck. I'll be looking again this year, too. If anyone has any they'd like to sell or knows where a set might be available, I'd appreciate hearing from you. Thanks.

Have you tried to do a search on the internet www.hubcaps.com

keiser, I don't have a photo and since I'm not too technically savvy when it comes to computers, even if I did, I don't know how to post it. The covers almost look like wire wheels, but are very heavy. They were optional on Fords and Thunderbirds from '68-'72.

I didn't know about hubcaps.com - will check that out. I've seen them on E-bay, but they are few and far between and far more expensive than what I think is reasonable.