47 Continental VIN number?

Guest moodier

Guest moodier

Hi;I asked this question some time ago and was told it was somewhere on the frame or front cross member!The body number is on the firewall.Actually on EBay have seen them where they list the VIN as it was actually the body number!Have had the car for 20+years and this has always worried me mainly if ever sold it would there be a problem?Frame is compeltely undercoated so if it is on there would be hard to find.Seems strange they would put it there?Car is registered as classic in very strict state so don't know where they found a number or if they asked!Any thoughts?Thanks!!

LOOK ON THE DRIVERS SIDE, UNDER THE HOOD, THE ENGINE CROSSMEMBER...STAMPED RIGHT NEAR WHERE THE MOTOR MOUNT SITS..H123456 IT IS THERE..OR......ON THE FRAME..RIGHT UNDER FUEL FILLER "AREA" TAKE A SCOTCH PAD, OR COARSE SAND PAPER..OR ON THE TRANS BELLHOUSING..RIGHT ABOVE THAT CUTE LITTLE COVER WITH 2 SCREWS THAT ALLOWS U TO PEEK INTO THE CLUTCH AREA...

Guest moodier

Thanks:Would just feel better if could find it have thought of selling the car but always hate th thought idea of fighting Vin numbers was into old M/C and fought somany battles over serial numbers am real paranoid about that.This one has merc engine from the old days and of course guess where the motor mounts are welded!I replaced the transmission 20years age not sure if the old one is still in back of barn somewhere or not will have to look.And the car is completely undercoated.Is licensed in Mn.which is very strict on things liike that so somehow they must have found it!Now I know what it may look like anyway,what a way to do it!!!Have a 48 and think it was on the firewall of it?Took into a shop 3 years ago and the guy is gong to work on it next week.Anybody else ever hear that story?????Thanks for the info!!!Bob